Reporting to IISD’s Geneva-based Finance Manager, this service-focused position will act as a financial resource for IISD’s Energy Program and will be the interface between IISD’s budgeting process, general ledger system, external funders, and internal program staff. The Program Financial Analyst will also support the Finance Manager when needed and be their backup when they are on leave.
1. Proposal Phase
- Assist with providing institutional information; complete vendor questionnaires for the funder.
- Assist with proposal budgets as needed (review for consistency, check formulas, etc.).
2. Project Start
- Review contract agreement and produce project charter and project overview; flag any potential issues or important matters to monitor; submit project charter and overview to project manager for review; save documentation in the directory.
- Review project cost template; ensure coherence with the contract agreement; upload to the dashboard.
- Gather IISD signatures for agreement; assist with shipping original copies if required by the funder.
- Ensure all project documentation is stored in the project support office and the dashboard is updated.
- Create a schedule of project financial reporting and send calendar invitations 3 weeks before each report.
3. Project Duration
- Send a reminder or inquiry about disbursement requests and invoices.
- Prepare disbursement requests and invoices for projects and for cost recovery.
- Follow upon outstanding disbursement requests/invoice payments monthly.
- Monitor the financial reporting schedule; 3 weeksprior to the report due date, send email to Project Manager with report details, including the due date, reporting date, and any special conditions.
- Produce a draft financial report 2 weeks prior to the deadline and gather backups from account payables.
- Update the project cost template in the dashboard periodically.
- Prepare for financial audits and provide support throughout the life of the project on funder approvals, procurement processes, needed back-ups, etc.
4. Project Closure
- Liaise with the project manager on project closure.
- Close the time-tracker.
- Prepare financial reporting.
- Monthly revenue recognition.
- Annual budget and forecast preparation.
- Liaise with Controller and Accounts Payable on incorrect entries in the billing value report.
- Attend monthly reviews with the project managers per workstream.
- Assist in preparation of and support the institutional audit.
- Three years of work experience, including the creation of financial reports for third-party review.
- CFC employé(e) de commerce or a university degree in business administration/commerce with a major in accounting.
- Experience being a member of an audit team or having work reviewed by an external audit team.
- Progress toward an accounting designation would be considered an asset.
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated initiative or willingness to understand project-based financial activities in order to assist project staff in managing project budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely, independently, and as a member of a team.
- Proficiency with accounting systems, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: Open until filled
This is a part-time position, 80%, 4 days a week.
Candidates must hold appropriate work authorization for Switzerland.
Applications should be made through our online platform only please.
Only those candidates we wish to interview will be contacted. Resumes will be kept on file for one year.