Action for Development
About Action for Development (AfD)
Action for Development is an NGO with offices in Geneva Switzerland and Kabul Afghanistan. AfD aims to ensure that funding for health and community development programs are spent in ways that maximize its impact, partnering with local organizations at the grassroots level. The focus areas of our programs are strategic health facilities management, maternal, neonatal, and child health services expansion, family planning, water, sanitation and hygiene, women's empowerment, capacity building, and education. In 2014, AfD was granted consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Responsibilities of the Web Graphic Designer
AfD is seeking a creative and detail-oriented web graphic designer to create and maintain a relevant aesthetic for our website. The web graphic designer is responsible to ensure that the website is functional while attractive. The successful candidate must have a good understanding of front-end and back-end coding to create functions that work and look appealing. A top-notch web graphic designer is both technically minded, and design-oriented. She/he will work closely with other team members based in Geneva.
- Consulting with the AfD team to understand the program needs and to create a design strategy.
- Selecting and editing images for websites.
- Choosing fonts and color schemes for websites.
- Testing sites to ensure that they are working correctly.
- Keeping abreast of image editing software innovations.
- He/she will be responsible for creating new and innovative designs and templates, developing new features and functionality that enhance the existing website products, and supporting/assisting the Communications team with training and maintenance.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 2-3 years of technical experience.
- A degree in design, graphic design, or a related field.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Typescript, Atom.io, Jira, and Git.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
Terms of the Contract:
- Please note that this is an unpaid part-time volunteer position
- Time Commitment: minimum of one day per week, either working in the office or remotely. The candidate should ideally be based in Geneva.
- AfD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for this opportunity without regard to age, color, religion, gender and origin