In preparation for an upcoming retirement, the IUF is seeking to recruit a suitable person at the international secretariat to work primarily in the dairy, meat and catering sectors.
The successful candidate will join a team of international officers working on organizing and campaigning within TNCs and sectors.
Overall tasks include:
- developing strategies to advance the level of union organization in these sectors and specifically in major global companies that dominate each sector;
- developing strategies to improve working conditions in those companies and to coordinate such improvements across borders;
- promoting equality and defending the rights of all workers;
- policy development;
- organizing and coordinating sectoral meetings and associated activities and working closely with the IUF Regions.
The International Officer may be called upon to assist with major meetings or events.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates should have direct experience of work within a trade union and preferably have experience in organizing and/or campaigning.
Candidates should have excellent spoken and written English. Spoken and written proficiency in additional languages, particularly French and Spanish, would be an advantage.
Terms and Conditions
The International Officer will be based at the IUF's head office in Geneva, Switzerland. However, s/he will be expected to spend a significant amount of time on work travel (depending on the COVID-19 travel restrictions.)
All IUF staff are members of the Swiss union UNIA. The salaries and other benefits are governed by the Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiated between the elected staff Union Committee and the General Secretary.
Details of salary and related benefits will be provided to candidates shortlisted for the position.
The IUF is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should forward the following information by email preferably in English to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2022.
- A current CV;
- A motivation letter;
- The names of three referees