Organisation Internationale des Employeurs
Job Opportunity – Accounting Officer – 80% / 100%
The International Organisation of Employers (IOE) is the largest network of the private sector in the world, with more than 150 business and employer organisation members. In social and labour policy debate taking place in the International Labour Organization, across the UN and multilateral system, and in the G20 and other emerging processes, the IOE is the recognized voice of business.
The IOE seeks to influence the environment for doing business, including by advocating for regulatory frameworks at the international level that favour entrepreneurship, private sector development, and sustainable job creation.
The IOE is looking for an Accounting Officer to support the Head of Finance, taking on the following main responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping for IOE and for the different IOE projects
- Establishment of Financial Statements
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual accounting documents
- Management and follow-up of the annual subscriptions: IOE Member Federations / Corporate Partners and other Networks (invoicing / acknowledgement of payments)
- Liaising with external auditor and in charge of the annual audit of the Organisation’s accounts
- Responsible for the preparation of the financial situation: monthly reporting to the Head of Finance
- Supporting the Head of Finance in the preparation of Finance Committee documents
- Required presence in the Finance Committee sessions
- Processing payments
- Preparation of the VAT statements
- Supporting the Head of Finance with the budget forecasting
As part of the Finance Team, the Accounting Officer will provide a critical role in the data collection of the organization and ensure accurate financial information and compliance with internal financial procedures and reporting standards.
- Relevant accounting qualification (e.g. Federal Certificate of Proficiency in Commercial Business / Banking Sector – CFC employé du commerce - bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, or other related qualification/school).
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in an international environment
- Knowledge of analytical accounting and familiarity with IFRS Accounting norms is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Spread sheet and Word-processing programmes
- Knowledge of Accounting software an asset
- Native French, good English (written and spoken)
- Discretion and confidentiality skills
- Strong attention to detail skills, flexibility, and ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work with limited supervision and under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and highly motivated
- Holder of valid Swiss work permit
- Position start date: 1 June 2022
- Based in Geneva
- Starting at 80% with the possibility of moving to a full-time position
- Flexible working time and possibility to partially work remotely
- Duration: 6 months with possibility to be converted into a permanent position
- A competitive package will be offered to the successful candidate
How to Apply:
- Interested parties should submit their CV (English or French) and cover letter (in French) by email to email@example.com
- Please make sure the Ref. IOE-Accounting-2022 is mentioned in the e-mail object
- The deadline for applications is 24 April 2022, midnight (CET)
The IOE is an equal opportunities employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit. We welcome applications of qualified candidates including those with disabilities.
The IOE offers a unique opportunity to gain insights in global policy development, how this works from both a technical as a political perspective, how this influences business and how business interacts with social partners, governments and NGOs. The IOE team consists of high skilled professionals that have different backgrounds, both educational as cultural.