Action for Development
About Action for Development (AfD)
Action for Development is an NGO with offices in Geneva Switzerland and Kabul Afghanistan. AfD aims to ensure that funding for health and community development programs are spent in ways that maximize its impact, partnering with local organizations at the grass roots level. The focus areas of our programs are strategic health facilities management, maternal, neonatal and child health services expansion, family planning, water, sanitation and hygiene, women's empowerment, capacity building and education. AfD maintains a consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Responsibilities of the Nutrition Specialist
AfD is seeking a volunteer nutrition specialist to provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the nutrition programmes/projects within the AfD Health Programme, from development planning to delivery of results. The Nutrition Specialist will be responsible for a variety of technical and administrative tasks to facilitate the programme development, implementation, advocacy and networking, progress monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of results. She/he will work closely with other Health team members based in Geneva.
- Support programme development and planning on nutrition, develop organisational path toward stenghtening the programme in the light of Global Nutritional strategy of the member organisations and UN SDGs.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking, advocacy and partnership building on nutrition related topics
- Introduce innovative methods to knowledge management and capacity building and connecting the filed office and head office
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to discuss operational and implementation issues.
- Provide solutions, recommendations where required.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology, or another health-related science field.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management, or maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care.
- Experience in health/nutrition programme/project development in an organization is an asset
- Fluency in English language
- Good level of French language is preferred.
Terms of the Contract:
- Please note that this is an unpaid part-time volunteer position
- Time Commitment: minimum of one day per week, either working in the office or remotely. The candidate should ideally be based in Geneva.
- AfD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for this opportunity without regard to age, color, religion, gender and origin