Action for Development
About Action for Development (AfD)
Action for Development is an NGO with offices in Geneva Switzerland and Kabul Afghanistan.
AfD aims to ensure that funding for health and community development programs are spent in ways that maximize its impact, partnering with local organizations at the grass roots level. The focus areas of our programs are strategic health facilities management, maternal, neonatal and child health services expansion, family planning, water, sanitation and hygiene, women's empowerment, capacity building and education. In 2014, AfD was granted consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Responsibilities of the Web IT Specialist
AfD is seeking an IT Specialist to work as part of the Operations team to coordinate the smooth running of our IT systems. The successful candidate will work closely with other team members based in Geneva.
- Consulting with the AfD team to understand the technical requirements.
- Create a technical blueprint for the organization
- Analyse technical proposals and platforms
- Responsibility for coordinating the organization’s cyber security and risk mitigation.
- Develop technical policies where required.
- Managing the AfD email system.
- Working with the Communications team to support the website development and content changes.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least 2 years of proven experience as an IT Analyst, IT Consultant or similar role
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of databases, system security and troubleshooting
- Understanding of business practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical mindset
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Terms of the Contract:
- Please note that this is an unpaid part-time volunteer position
- Time Commitment: minimum of one day per week, either working in the office or remotely. The candidate should ideally be based in Geneva.
- AfD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for this opportunity without regard to age, color, religion, gender and origin
Interested candidates are invited to send applications with CV/resume and letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about AfD, please visit our website: www.actfordev.org