Australian Permanent Mission
The Australian Permanent Mission and Consulate-General in Geneva, Switzerland is seeking an individual to undertake driving duties for the Ambassador to the World Trade Organization (WTO) and to perform general administrative duties.
Under the direction of the Ambassador WTO and the Operations and Security Manager, the position is responsible for driving the Ambassador’s official car along with other official vehicles and performing general administrative duties for the Mission.
The key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Drive the Ambassador WTO, other staff and officials.
- Monitor usage, condition and maintenance to ensure the vehicles are in a clean and roadworthy condition. Advise on maintenance of vehicles.
- Undertake administrative duties to support the various activities undertaken throughout the Mission.
- Complete given projects and assignments within the duration of normal daily working hours, including the daily collection of documents at the WTO and distribution to the WTO Mission.
- Assist with receipt, dispatch, transfer and handling of stores including furniture and fittings (this will involve some lifting and carrying of heavy objects).
- Maintain a professional relationship with external stakeholders, including suppliers of goods and services.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out duties with a high degree of discretion and integrity.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally in English and in French.
- Ability to understand and satisfactorily carry out administrative and driving duties.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a motor vehicle (manual and automatic) safely and efficiently. Holding of a valid driving license essential.
- Ability to carry out manual duties relating to operational requirements of motor vehicles, transport of goods within and outside of the Mission and minor property maintenance works.
- Availability to work outside regular office hours on a versatile basis and at short notice.
- Good knowledge of the Canton of Geneva and its surroundings
- Initiative; flexibility; adaptability; ability to cooperate in a work unit, set priorities and meet deadlines.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Submit a written statement in English, of no more than 300 words, telling us why you are the right person for this position. Include why you are interested in the role, and how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role. Make sure you read the position description and highlight some specific examples that will demonstrate your ability to perform in the role.
- Submit a resume, which provides a summary of your employment history and details of your qualifications/experience that are relevant to this position.
- Provide the details of two work-related referees who can be contacted to discuss your work performance and character.
Applications, consisting of the above three components, must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is OOB Monday 9 May 2022. Applications received after this date cannot be considered.
Those who are not asked to attend an interview within a week of the closing date may assume their application has not been successful on this occasion.
All queries relating to this vacancy should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.