SNC Geneva Office
The SNC Geneva Office is representing and supporting the Syrian Negotiations Commission (SNC) and its mandate by expanding and facilitating outreach to Syrians and international actors. As per its mandate, SNC’s vision is a negotiated end to the conflict benefitting the Syrian people through dialogue, peaceful means and democracy in line with UN Security Council Resolution 2254.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SNC Geneva Office is looking for an Administrative Assistant to support and strengthen the work of SNC in general and the SNC Geneva Office specifically. The Administrative Assistant is expected to provide general administrative support. This entails day-to-day administrative work as well as in relation to the planning and organisation of events. The Administrative Assistant should be motivated to further the cause of SNC’s mandate and vision.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As part of the engagement, the Administrative Officer will fulfil the following tasks:
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments for the SNC Geneva Office
- Book and manage travel arrangements, including for the SNC President
- Manage logistics for events and meetings
- Manage the calendar for the SNC Geneva Office
- Compile, process and submit expenses reports and payments
- Provide general administrative and clerical support, including minute taking
- Provide interpretation and translation support, as relevant
- Support the SNC President’s correspondence with diplomatic missions
- Support the SNC Geneva Office on other tasks whenever needed
|Knowledge & Experience
|Essential / Desired
|University degree related discipline
|A minimum of two year experience in administrative and/or project support activities, preferably in an international context.
|Proven experience in working in an NGO, UN or diplomatic mission.
|Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
|Proven experience in planning and organising events and activities
|Proven experience of working as part of small teams and ability to manage own time.
|Experience of working with diverse teams.
|Experience of working in challenging and high-pressure environments
|Knowledge of the political context in the Middle East
|Skills & Attributes
|Excellent written and verbal English
|Excellent written and verbal Arabic
|Excellent written and verbal French
|Proven ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with a broad range of people from different cultural backgrounds
|Excellent attention to detail, a can-do attitude, and the ability to be result-focused
|Self-starting, adaptable, and resilient personality
|Willingness and flexibility to work outside regular hours particularly during events and high-level meetings.
|The right to work in Switzerland.