SNC Geneva Office
The SNC Geneva Office is looking for a Project Coordinator to develop and coordinate the implementation of events, workshops, diplomatic briefings, and meetings on issues relevant to peacebuilding and human rights in Syria. The Project Coordinator is expected to lead the development of concepts for key organisational activities as well as the monitoring and evaluation of those activities. The Coordinator will be responsible for all project-related reporting. The Coordinator should be motivated by furthering the cause of the SNC, supporting its vision on a political negotiated end to the conflict benefitting the Syrian people through dialogue, peaceful means, and democracy in line with UNSCR 2254.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares concept notes for events, dialogues, workshops and other key organisational activities
- Develops M+E frameworks for organisational activities
- Coordinates planning for and supports the implementation of organisational activities
- Supports activity administration and logistics as necessary
Monitoring and evaluation
- For the purposes of project monitoring and evaluation, tracks relevant project activities and deliverables, ensuring they remain on schedule
- Monitors activities and convenes regular sessions to evaluate progress against organisational results frameworks.
- Prepares donor reports and responds to donor requests for information.
- Prepares detailed records of key meetings and events
- Maintains records and files concerning activities
Financial Management and Fundraising
- Supports the development of activity budgets
- Maintains accurate financial records of activities spends, in accordance with organisational policies
- As required, supports the development of new funding proposals.
- Contributes to strategic planning and strategies, as required.
- Participates in regular reviews of project impacts.
- Support on other tasks as defined by SNC Geneva Office
|At least 3-5 years of experience in project coordination and management, demonstrating progressively more responsible roles.||Essential|
|Experience of working with conflict and peacebuilding issues||Desired|
|Proven experience in project management (planning, implementation, financial reporting, monitoring and evaluation and narrative report writing)||Essential|
|Proven experience in meeting donor reporting standards||Essential|
|Experience working with diverse teams and with mixed nationalities;||Essential|
|Experience working in challenging environments where a high degree of flexibility and adaptability is needed||Essential|
|Experience in developing creative and agile solutions to challenges that arise.||Essential|
|Experience with outreach and awareness raising activities, including through social media||Desired|
|Experience of or understanding of political and conflict dynamics in the Middle East||Desired|
|Skills and Attributes|
|Excellent written and verbal English skills||Essential|
|Excellent written and verbal Arabic skills||Essential|
|Interest in the field of peacebuilding and conflict management||Desired|
|Excellent attention to detail||Essential|
|Resilient and adaptable||Essential|
|Permission to work in Switzerland||Essential|