BACKGROUND ON IMPACT AND REACH
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention. We are currently looking for a Finance Control Officer to support our IMPACT Initiatives team in Geneva.
- Department: IMPACT Initiatives - Finance
- Position: Finance Control Officer
- Contract duration: To be confirmed
- Location: Geneva - International Environment House
- Starting Date: ASAP
The Finance Control Officer will be supervised by the Head of Finance.
The Finance Control Officer will be responsible for supporting IMPACT’s teams in the financial follow-up of all ongoing projects. This implies the following tasks:
1. Budgeting (25%)
- Support in preparation and review of project budgets in coordination with IMPACT’s country focal points, IMPACT’s Grants Management Department and ACTED;
- Preparation and review of budget amendments;
- At grant signature’s, preparation of project financial sheets for validation.
2. Budget Follow-Up (BFU) (55%)
- Ensure compliance to accounting principles and local rules and regulations;
- Follow up and analysis and review of expenses (budget follow-up) for ongoing field-based projects together with IMPACT’s Country Focal Points and any concerned staff;
- Preparation and analysis of BFUs for all Global projects;
- Ensure proper allocations of all IMPACT’s costs in the accountancy in line with donor rules and requirements, in alignment with the allocation tables planned with IMPACT’s Country focal points;
- Serve as Finance’s point of contact for country offices, providing day-by-day financial oversight and supporting and responding to inquiries and requests;
- Contribute to maintaining up-to-date the monthly follow up of the overall budget of the organization;
- Ensure sharing of information with finance focal points of all IMPACT’s partners in this process.
3. Financial reporting (20%)
- Preparation of financial reports for all ongoing projects as per donor deadlines;
- In liaison with the Audit focal point, validation of all financial aspects of audit reports received by partners.
- Studies in Business/Finance/Administration or equivalent (Masters);
- At least 4 years professional experience in a similar position;
- Fluent in French and English;
- Capacity to work independently and under pressure;
- Organized person, with attention to detail and rigor;
- Interest in the humanitarian field;
- Ability to build rapport and trust within the organization and to manage competing demands in a timely manner;
- Awareness when to refer non-routine inquiries to more senior colleagues;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to listen and connect with staff deployed in the field;
- Perfect knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Previous experience or demonstrated interest in the non-profit sector;
- Work experience at a project-oriented organization is an advantage;
- Knowledge of SAGE accounting software.