Are you passionate about the intersection of gender and health? Are you interested in raising awareness about the need to the gender evidence gap? Keen to disseminate information for a cause you believe in? Do you want to join a dynamic and growing organization? Please get in touch!
GENDRO is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation based in Geneva, Switzerland, with the mission to advance equity through the integration of sex and gender dimensions in research across disciplines.
GENDRO is currently looking for a volunteer in Communications.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies for our online communications channels and social media presence.
- Lead in the development of the new website and update current website.
- Provide strategic communications and related advocacy advice and support to staff.
- Strengthen and manage organization’s visual brand and messaging.
- Plan and create messaging and collateral to support events and partnership development and management.
- Assist in the development of online content, including organization’s website, social media, statements, etc.
- Support in the development of opinion and editorial page or commentaries for publications in news outlets.
- Be a skilled designer and editor of written and visual presentations; have strong experience using common design softwares including, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in French is desirable.
- Knowledge of various website systems (Wordpress, Wix).
- Knowledge and awareness of gender and health is desirable; familiarity of research and data analysis is an advantage.
- Passionate to support and disseminate efforts for Gender justice.
- Self-driven and innovative professional who can act as a force of proposal in the Communications’ field and beyond.
- a great opportunity to learn in an inspiring international environment.
- possibility of professional growth and exposure to a broad network of experts and professionals.
- an opportunity to work on an emerging and contemporary issue.
- a highly motivated and supportive team.
- flexible working time.
The position is not remunerated, however, you will be part of a dynamic and growing organisation with a wide network. All contributions will be officially acknowledged and appreciated.
based on mutual agreement.
a minimum of 6 months (or based on mutual agreement).
Send your application (CV and Cover Letter) to email@example.com with “Communications Volunteer” in the subject line by May 31st, 2022 with your resume and cover letter. Only applications in English will be accepted.