- Tentative starting date: as soon as possible
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Basis: Part time, 80%
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
UPR Info is looking for a Finance and Administration Manager to manage the financial aspects of the work of the organisation in collaboration with the programmes and the direction.
UPR Info is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation (NGO) with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation’s main goal is to promote human rights through the mechanism of the Universal Periodic Review (UPR). We work with a variety of stakeholders in all geographical regions of the world to strengthen their capacity to engage in the UPR process.
Responsibilities and duties
- Lead the accounting and financial management of the organisation;
- Maintain the accounts as well as the cash flow and treasury;
- Make the monthly payroll and liaise with the relevant administrations;
- Ensure the timely payment of invoices;
- Monitor projects and programmes incomes and expenditures and provide regular reports to the direction and programme managers;
- Develop the organisation and programmes budgets in collaboration with the direction and the programme managers;
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports;
- Participate to the board meeting and provide information on the financial situation of the organisation;
- Conduct and oversee the organisations and programmes audit in collaboration with an external auditor;
- Develop proactively financial and administrative procedures;
- Manage relations with external partners (auditor, bank, donors finance counterparts, etc).
- Supervise the finance and administration assistant;
- Complete any other related financial and administrative tasks required.
Qualifications and criteria
- A degree in accounting, finance, business administration, CFC commerce or equivalent.
Experience and knowledge
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in finance, including experience managing grants, and project - based accounting;
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in administrative management;
- Interest for working for a non-governmental organisation;
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting;
- Solid knowledge of accounting policies/procedures and financial statements;
- Knowledge of accounting & payroll softwares (CRESUS HR and Accounting);
- Knowledge of SWISS GAAP RPC21 an asset;
- Strong command of Word, and advanced command of Excel (i.e. Pivot Tables, Formulas, VLOOKUP functions).
- Excellent knowledge of English and French, spoken and written.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented;
- Strong ethic;
- Pro-active person, self-motivated, positive attitude, and multi-tasking ability;
- Ability to work under tight timelines and on multiple agendas simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimum supervision;
- Curiosity and capacity to contribute to the development of the NGO; it is expected that the candidate will be able to go beyond the scope of her/his assignment;
- Excellent organisational and strong interpersonal skills;
- Good team-player.
Swiss or EU citizen/Permit B or C
Please send your CV (2 pages maximum) and cover letter (1 page maximum) by June 13th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only full applications will be considered.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no emails or phone calls. UPR Info is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, disability, age, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.