The Gold Standard Foundation
Reporting to the Gold Standard Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Development Manager, Government and Multilateral Agencies works closely with program teams to support the impact and growth of Gold Standard programs through grant funding from government and multilateral donors. The Development Manager will manage other members of the Development team, and will be responsible for related systems and processes.
WHAT WE DO
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Today, our standard, ‘Gold Standard for the Global Goals’, allows climate and development initiatives within carbon markets, corporate supply chains, and sustainable finance to manage, measure and maximise their impacts toward the Net Zero ambition of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. Certification against the standard provides the confidence that these results are measured and verified, enabling credible impact reporting. ISEAL Code Compliant and backed by a broad NGO Supporter Network, Gold Standard has 2000+ projects underway in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
This is a career opportunity at the leading edge of global climate change and sustainability solutions.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Development strategy: support the COO and members of the Development Team in formulation, monitoring, revision, and reporting of the organization’s overall development strategy, with ownership for the role of government and multilateral donor agencies within the strategy.
- Team leadership: Manage other members of the Development Team. Represent the Development team as required.
- Donor portfolio: Responsible for management and growth of a portfolio of government and multilateral Tasks will include donor research and tracking; identify and recommend key alliances for program team follow-up, identify and register on bid lists and RFP notifications; and long-term relationship-management approach including stewardship, promotion, recognition, retention.
- Program support: support the program teams to align program USP with donor priorities and opportunities, donor segmentation, case statement, and fund raising collateral. Coordinate with program teams on donor compliance; proposal timing, announcements, and grant cycle; serve as donor contact for development issues.
- Proposal management: support program teams throughout proposal preparation, support, and grant onboarding process, including: concept note, MOU and NDA development in the case of collaborations, support and review of proposal and budget, management of grant writers and/or budget contractors as needed, lead document version control and tracking. Provide support on final reports to ensure donor compliance and complete records.
- Systems and process: Overall responsibility for Development systems and process including: CRM, process cycle management, records and tracking systems, repository of RFP and tender opportunities; development resources, records and templates. Maintain a repository of standard proposal collateral (team qualifications, past projects, templates, checklists, etc.).
YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successful resource mobilization with governments and/or multilateral agency donors. Experience with European government agencies is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience managing and motivating a team.
- Prior experience in climate change or sustainability organization strongly preferred.
- High energy and passion for our vision and mission is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to influence and engage a wide range of partners
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable style, positive attitude. A team player who will productively engage with others within and outside GSF
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other benefits to working at Gold Standard include:
- A mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team
- An ambitious, agile and flexible environment
Applications for this role will close on Friday, 24th June 2022.
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.