Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF)
Are you committed to working together to build a better world and are looking for an opportunity to support collective feminist power? Do you have a strong background in financial management of grants and finance? Are you passionate about working with mission-driven staff and organizational partners to make those projects happen? Then you could be the Grants and Finance Coordinator we are looking for.
The world’s need to advance feminist peace is growing rapidly, and so is the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF).
As our Grants and Finance Coordinator, you will be responsible for the financial management of selected large grants and will work closely with the programmatic teams to implement the projects.
The primary responsibility of the GFC is to support the management of grants and ensure compliance with WILPF policies and procedures, donors’ rules and regulations, and any other financial requirements.
Grants Compliance and Support
- Follow all accounting compliance measures and implement all policies and mandated procedures.
- Ensure and oversee compliance with internal controls. Ensure that applicable rules and regulations, including the WILPF Financial Manual and other donor requirements/restrictions are complied with.
- Support the contracting process for external, short-term consultancies.
- Review partners’ service providers, consultants’ contracts, and review partner’s financial reports.
Capacity Support to Sub-grantees (partners/sections)
- Coordinate and support sub-grant partnerships related to partners (mostly in MENA region).
- Ensure appropriate financial processes are being implemented.
- Conduct regular capacity assessment of partners and sub-grantees.
- Provide ongoing support and capacity building to WILPF’s sub-grantees.
Monitoring and Reporting to Donors
- Produce accurate and timely donor financial reports for all donors in collaboration with the programme/project managers and Finance Team.
- Coordinate donors’ audit(s), including timely responses to audit requests.
- Maintain accurate filing of grants’ documentation.
- Support all programme/project staff on proposal and budget development.
- Develop monitoring tools for proposals and grants follow-up.
- Support fundraising coordination with the Finance Team.
- Support the Finance Team with the grants management process for the duration of the grant lifecycle.
- Carry out other related duties as required and agreed upon.
- Transparency and accountability to donors and fundraising efforts.
- Integrity, proficiency, and collaboration with Finance Team, and with teams across WILPF.
Interdependences and Reporting
- GFC works closely with the Finance Team, Programme staff and Human Resources.
- GFC reports to the Financial Manager on the Finance Team.
Technical skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft BC and Office, knowledge of Power BI and Jet Reports an asset.
- Proficient skills in interpretation of donor contracts.
- Strong budget modelling skills.
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, and grants management. Demonstrated proficiency in supporting accounting, finance, and grants management functions with a diverse team.
- Ability to analyze financial data, prepare financial reports, and statements with limited supervisor support.
- Knowledge of financial budgeting and forecastin
- Cash forecast knowledge.
- Ability to interpret financial information to programmatic colleagues who do not necessarily have a finance background.
- Ability to nurture interpersonal relationships and effective communication skills. Ability to work remotely with a diverse staff across geographic locations and time zones.
- Knowledge/understanding of Human Rights work.
Measures of Success
- Proficient monitoring and drafting of budgets.
- Effective reporting to donors.
- Respect of donors’ deadlines and requirements.
- Positive feedback from partners and donors.
- Excellent teamwork with diverse co-workers across the organization.
Required Education, Languages and Experience:
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in financial and grants management.
- Graduate degree in finance or accounting.
- Previous NGO experience preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Arabic is a plus.
GVA, with possible field visits
- Reporting lines: Head of Finance
- Duration: Open ended contract
- Activity rate: Ideally 100%, open to candidates interested in 80-100%
- Based in: Geneva, Switzerland
- Annual gross salary: Based on experience and qualifications between CHF 66’000 and CHF 78’000
- Start date: as soon as possible
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Application for Grants and Finance Coordinator position” in the subject for consideration.
We will review applications and contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. With the first review starting as of 12 July.
The job publication will be closed on 11 July 2022.
As an equal opportunity employer, WILPF welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates, irrespective of sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, ethnic or social origin, disability, religion or belief. During the different stages of the recruitment process, specific measures may be taken to ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities