International Cocoa Initiative
The International Cocoa Initiative (ICI), a Switzerland based non-profit foundation promoting responsible business conduct and children’s rights in the cocoa sector, is looking for a Policy & Fundraising Officer.
Under the supervision of the Director of Policy & Partnerships, the purpose of this position is to support the delivery of ICI’s technical advocacy, a core function of its 2021-2026 Strategy.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Advocacy and policy engagement
- Support the dissemination of relevant technical knowledge, research, tools and data to drive the scale-up of evidence-based good practices and appropriate policies across various target audiences.
- Support ICI’s involvement in various national cocoa platforms in Europe and beyond, promoting common tools, shared principles and aligned approaches to facilitate coordination, coherence, quality and accountability.
- Represent ICI in key events and take-up speaking engagements when relevant.
- Keep abreast, analyse and monitor legislative developments related to human rights due diligence, traceability and transparency, child labour and forced labour, in Europe and elsewhere. Regular report on legislative developments to ICI members and partners.
- Write position papers when needed.
- Support the development of ICI’s influence and policy engagement in the US.
- Support the Director of Policy and Partnerships and the Director of Communications in the coordination of ICI’s Influencing Strategy Sub-Group.
Fundraising and business development
- Support ICI’s fundraising and business development efforts, incl through the development and management of a strategic plan to increase fundraising and revenue generating activities, the co-development of operational grant applications, also exploring innovative institutional funding opportunities.
- Research and identify new institutional funding opportunities, monitor them and regularly share with relevant team members to help plan approaches to respond to them.
- Write effective fundraising applications in response to calls for proposals.
- Engage with potential donors and other institutional partners. This can include the preparation of meetings with relevant donors.
- Undertake networking activities and stay abreast with development of practice and sources.
- With the support of ICI’s Communications team, develop relevant materials presenting ICI’s unique selling proposition to potential members and donors.
Required experience and skills
- At least 5 years’ experience of working on policy/advocacy/public affairs, ideally in an EU policy context
- Experience in building and implementing advocacy strategies
- Experience in international development, business and human rights or private sector sustainability
- Fluent or native English speaker, in addition to spoken and written proficiency in French
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Strong policy acumen
- Strong presentation skills
- Sens of initiative and ability to be self-supporting
- Ability to work well within an international team
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
Benefits working with ICI:
ethical and attractive pension fund, health insurance benefits, possible part time 80%...
NB: ICI has zero-tolerance for all forms of child neglect, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional, and psychological) and exploitation (sexual and commercial). ICI commits to put the best interest of the child first, and at the center of its work, irrespective of a child’s ability, ethnicity, faith, gender, sexuality, and culture. ICI recognizes its responsibility to ensure and to promote a safe and secure environment for children. To effectively manage risks to children, ICI requires the commitment, support and cooperation of all staff, associates, partners, suppliers, service-providers, and visitors. By applying at ICI, you automatically agree to the above term and uphold the principles described herein.
Only candidates with the possibility of acquiring a work permit for Switzerland should apply.
Please send applications in English including a cover letter, your CV and annexes to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday, 1st July 2022
Only those candidates who match the above requirements and who have been selected for interview will be contacted.