The Gold Standard Foundation
The Budget Manager will support the CFO and will play a critical role in partnering with the Business Development and Programs departments to ensure there is a robust budgeting and financial reporting process against funded budgets. This is an opportunity for a finance professional to build, maximize and strengthen the financial management capacity of a non-profit organisation that is scaling its grant portfolio and its operations.
WHAT WE DO
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Today, our standard, ‘Gold Standard for the Global Goals’, allows climate and development initiatives within carbon markets, corporate supply chains, and sustainable finance to manage, measure and maximise their impacts toward the Net Zero ambition of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. Certification against the standard provides the confidence that these results are measured and verified, enabling credible impact reporting. ISEAL Code Compliant and backed by a broad NGO Supporter Network, Gold Standard has 2000+ projects underway in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
For almost 20 years, Gold Standard has shown how carbon finance can achieve its highest potential. We’ve created innovative new standards, programmes and tools that raise the bar for quality across a broader range of applications than carbon markets. We focus on those that have the most promise to contribute to our vision and mission, bringing them to market with the requisite planning and resources.
We build on our reputation for quality and rigour with more robust measurement of outcomes, stronger safeguards and greater impact across the Sustainable Development Goals. Our objective is to make rigour simpler and more achievable at scale.
We work with key partners who share our goals and complement our strengths. Our partnership strategy aims to move beyond working opportunistically as a delivery partner in favor of collaborating in long-term strategic synergy.
We were established to bring confidence, trust, and accountability to carbon markets. We will continue to take strides to improve transparency in our own processes, in the broader market and in non-market mechanisms.
The Gold Standard Foundation is looking to build our team with exceptional people who are excited and driven to shape and deliver this ambition and uphold our values. We are now seeking a Budget Manager.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
GS Business Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Managing internal annual budgeting and financial planning process
- Administering and reviewing all financial plans and budgets on a regular basis, monitoring progress and changes
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly financial reporting materials and metrics for the Board of Directors
Financial Management of Grant Budgets:
- Fully owning the financial management of donor budgets throughout the grant cycle
- Working closely with Business Development and Programs departments in developing detailed and thoroughly planned program budgets
- Ensuring 100% compliance with donor budgeting and reporting requirements and proactively voicing and addressing potential challenges
- Regularly tracking and monitoring spending by cost item against projects’ budgets and holding periodic budget reviews with all project teams
- In charge of all mid-term and final financial reporting to donors, ensuring the highest quality and integrity of the reports
- Reconciling and reviewing consolidated donor budgets against annual fundraising targets on a quarterly basis, in line with the internal financial reporting and forecasting cycle
- Developing and implementing processes and policies concerning the financial management of grant funds
- Preparing for and managing external audits when appointed by donors
YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor degree in Business or Finance
- At least 5 years of experience in financial reporting against donor-funded budgets in a similar organisation or, alternatively, at least 7 years of experience in financial planning & analysis in a private sector
- Strong analytical skills with an excellent attention to details
- Ability to work independently, on own initiative and to deadlines
- Enthusiasm for making efficiency and improvements to existing processes
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills while working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and enthusiasm for the environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other benefits to working at Gold Standard include:
- A mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team
- An ambitious, agile and flexible environment
Applications for this role will close on 3rd July 2022. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining why you want to work for the Gold Standard and a CV through our recruitment portal.
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we strive to create a workplace where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.