- Job Title: Events & Fundraising Internship
- Function: Communication & Fundraising
- Duty Station: NP Headquarters Geneva
- Line Manager: Fundraising Manager
Nonviolent Peaceforce (NP) is a dynamic, international non-governmental organization. We work to reduce violence and protect civilians in countries affected by violent conflict and its aftermath through the implementation of unarmed civilian protection prog ramming. NP implements programming through the deployment of civilian protection teams to the field and is continuing to scale up to meet the growing needs in the communities we serve. Programming is founded on unarmed civilian protection and is thematically focused on protection in displacement, child protection, gender-based violence protection and inter-communal violence reduction.
Since 2020, Nonviolent Peaceforce (NP) has started new fundraising and communication activities out of its headquarters in Geneva with the aim to increase NP’s brand awareness in Europe and to obtain more core funding as well as financial support for its programs. 2022 marks the 20th anniversary of the first NP program in the field. In honor of this occasion and to extend the work we are already doing around UCP (Unarmed Civilian Protection), we offer the opportunity for a student to be part of the team and make a real impact.
The Communication & Events Intern will report to the Fundraising Manager and is based at the NP headquarters in Geneva. The holder of this position will closely work with the Fundraising Manager, the Executive Director as well as the External Relations Manager at NP USA. Key objectives and responsibilities are outlined as below.
Responsibility 1: Communications
- Coordinate the roll out of communication activities for the 20 years NP anniversary (2022)
- Coordinate the roll out of communication activities in advance of the Unarmed Civilian Protection Community of Practice International Conference in Geneva (Road to Geneva), that will be held in Geneva in June 2023
- Writing, coordination, and production of communication material in French and German in line with the 20th anniversary and the Int. UCP Conference
Responsibility 2: Event organisation
- Coordinate and organise events for the 20 years NP anniversary
Potential other tasks could include:
- Support potential Advocacy activities in lien with above two activities
- Support the writing and production of fundraising material in line with the above two activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Personal interest and commitment to the work of Nonviolent Peaceforce and its values
- Experience and/or special interest of working in Events and/or Fundraising/ Communication
- Good writer – experience in resuming long texts into short and relevant documents
- Fluency in English – Good working knowledge of French and/or German
- Autonomous person with little need to be supervised and capability to multi-task
- Ability to work cross culturally
- This is an in-study internship. Candidate must be enrolled in a university programme of study leading to a degree.
- Only candidates with a valid permit for Switzerland will be considered for the position
- Internship duration: 6 months, on a full-time basis. If funds and performance allow, contract extension may be possible
- Working hours: 100% during holidays otherwise 15 hours per week during the term
- Remuneration: Stipend of CHF 1,500.00 is provided for 100% work rate. Will be adjusted accordingly depending on work rate
- Start date: July 11th, 2022 or as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a CV (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max. 1 page) detailing your experience and how you qualify for the role. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday July 6th, 2022
- Candidates may be selected before the closing date, apply early
- As part of the recruitment process, shortlisted candidates may be asked to complete a written assignment before participating in an interview.
Nonviolent Peaceforce is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff at all levels. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. However, all qualified applicants regardless of their gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, or age, will be considered for this opportunity.
Nonviolent Peaceforce acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of employees, contractors, volunteers, interns, people in communities we serve, and other stakeholders and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice in the Humanitarian and Development sector.
PLEASE BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT JOB OFFERS. NONVIOLENT PEACEFORCE DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE OR ASK FOR FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW, MEETING, TRAVELING, PROCESSING TRAINING, ETC). NONVIOLENT PEACEFORCE WILL NOT REQUEST INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.