Context & Mission
The Digital Fundraising Officer is a member of the Digital Engagement Unit, a team of eight people who run the digital communications and fundraising activities for MSF Switzerland. The Digital Engagement Unit is part of the Communication and Fundraising department. The general objective of the position is to drive MSF's online Fundraising Strategy in accordance with the objectives set out in the fundraising strategic plan, to bring new audiences closer to the organization, enhance the participation and support of existing ones and maximize private income through the Internet and new digital technologies. S/he works in close collaboration with the Head of the Digital Engagement Unit to develop and drive the digital fundraising strategy. S/he will be the on-line reference for the whole Fundraising Department and act as the focal point for the fundraising managers and team members for all activities developed in digital media.
As a member of the Digital Engagement Unit, s/he will work together with the rest of the Digital Engagement Unit and with the Creative Content Unit, participating in the dynamics of these units (meetings, workshops), representing and executing the vision, objectives and action plans of fundraising.
- Work under the supervision of the Head of the Digital Engagement Unit to define the general strategy of online fundraising at MSF Switzerland to achieve the objectives of private fundraising (acquisition, loyalty, and reactivation) through digital technologies.
- Support the Head of the Digital Engagement Unit to define and develop the yearly digital fundraising budget (objectives, action plan and resources)
- Define digital fundraising indicators (KPIs), track monthly results and draw conclusions.
- Interact with the Direct Marketing Team, Major Donors Team and the Responsible of fundraising analyses to support their activities.
- Coordinate with the Responsible of Database to ensure the correct processes are in place.
Online marketing and fundraising
- Identify and develop fundamental condition for efficient digital fundraising operation.
- Support and drive the online fundraising activities and aim at reaching annual objectives in online fundraising.
- With the help of the Digital Team, create, produce and manage all digital fundraising campaigns, monitor and report on activities and outcomes.
- Define and implement on-line activities to promote the visibility and impact of online fundraising campaigns. This implies:
- Create the online advertising plan (paid search, display actions, emailing, etc.)
- Operate Ads accounts or manage agencies in agreement with the digital officers
- Contribute to the work of the digital team to leverage social networking strategy to acquire and engage supporters and donors.
- Develop and update fundraising content on the institutional website as well as campaign websites for the different target audiences (i.e. donors, partners, prospects) in coordination with the Direct Marketing Team, Major Donors Team and the Donor Care Team.
- Implement the online actions to engage and cultivate our donor base in coordination with the Direct Marketing Team.
- Define, carry out and optimize the actions to drive donor acquisition (one –off and regular) in coordination with the Direct Marketing Team.
- Define, together with the Donor Care Team and the database Team, the workflows and processes to ensure outstanding donor’s experience.
- Operate Ads account or manage agencies in collaboration with digital officers.
- Be consultant to drive the donor emailing communication cycle, in collaboration with the fundraising team.
- Lead technical projects, standalone pages, miniwebsites
- With the help of digital officers, lead gaming fundraising activites (international gaming event, gaming events, gaming engagement)
- Follow and report on MSF Switzerland’s digital fundraising activities (campaigns, donor newsletters, landing pages, website, etc…)
- Monitor daily and run ad-hoc analysis of the digital fundraising statistics, produce reports relating to outcomes.
- In collaboration with the Responsible of fundraising analyses, analyse email marketing activities and reports on results, implements findings from tests.
- Recommend, implement or arrange for implementation all actions necessary to improve MSF Switzerland’s digital fundraising activities on the basis of above analyses
- Operates Google Analytic account in collaboration with digital officers
- With the help of the social media officers deal with the posts and campaigns linked to digital fundraising activities
- Follows the contexts of the countries where MSF intervention takes place.
- Participate in the dynamic work of the Digital Unit Engagement with the aim of sharing fundraising actions and plan online actions.
- Participate to the key meetings of the Fundraising department with the aim to be aligned with the overall fundraising strategy and the specific initiatives.
- Actively participate in international networking activities (within and outside of MSF).
- Be the focal point for webserver, domains and hosting management
- University Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing/Digital Marketing or Digital Fundraising.
- 3-4 years of experience working in digital marketing and/or digital fundraising, preferably in the non-profit environment
- Demonstrable track record of success in past experiences
- Native French or German speaker
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills, organization and time management skills
- Solution and result orientated working
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Team player and people skills
- Ability to work independently and as well as collaboratively
- Ability to be flexible and work in a dynamic environment, sometimes under pressure
- Must know how to communicate on all levels
- Strong interest in humanitarian action; understand and support MSF’s core values
- Strong interest and understanding of/in digital fundraising and digital transformation
Skills/ Technical competencies
- Project management, ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, especially for online projects (graphic editors, writers, programmers, agencies, database supplier, etc.), very comfortable working with multimedia, especially images and video
- Very strong knowledge of digital analysis in general and in particular of Google Analytics / GA4 / Google Tag Manager
- Profound understanding of social media
- Solid knowledge of SEO/SEM (Ads certifications is a plus)
- Very strong understanding of principles of banner advertising, email marketing campaign
- Production capacities (images, emailings, banners, videos…)
- Good understanding of major digital technologies
Terms of Employment
- Open-ended contract,
- Full-time position 100% (40h/week)
- Working place : Geneva,
- Ideal start date: ASAP
- Gross annual salary: from CHF 84’814.- to CHF 97’650.- (salary commensurate with equivalent experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Deadline for application is July 24, 2022
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.