Context & Mission
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent medical and humanitarian organization that provides care to populations in need, to people affected by natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and regardless of their race, religion, belief or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers supported by 24 sections and offices worldwide. MSF Operational Center Geneva (MSF OCG) is one of these centers.
We are looking for an experimented HR Process Project Manager to join our HR Strategic Project.
Under the supervision of the HRIS Program Manager, the HR Processes Project manager is responsible for leading the Process workstream for OCG Human Resources Departement.
The position works with the HR Director, HR Managers, Risk & Internal Controller Manager and the designated consultant mapping the HR Processes (Level 1 to Level 4) and creating a coherent HR Process catalog, with clear Process owners.
The Process Project Manager identifies the process optimization opportunities and recommends the best rollout approach and timelines to implement them.
Scope of responsibilities
- Piloting the Process workstream as part of a wider HR strategic project that aims at mapping, and optimizing the activities / processes and workflows within the HR department
- In coordination with the Risk & Internal Controller Manager and leveraging the consultant expertise, define the best approach to document, and create a logical catalogue for HR Processes
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Performing risk management to identify, manage, mitigate and minimize the project risks, or at least minimizing their impact
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring the workstream’s objectives are achieved within the scope and time agreed upon, and fit into the global planning of the program
- Ensuring that key HR services are correctly spelled out and translated into clear processes
- Planning workshops and process mapping activities with the identified key users
- Identifying and coordinating a wide range of stakeholders (HR key users from different teams and locations)
- Ensuring effective coordination with the Program Manager, the consultant and the other workstreams, monitoring progress and preparing regular status reports to adequately report to Workstream Committee
- Arbitrating, finding solutions and proposing alternative scenarios to adapt to a changing environment and the outcomes of the HR Strategy Workstream
- Report and escalate to Program Manager/Workstream Committee as needed
- Preparing all materials and necessary documentation to map the processes in scope, identify pain points, potential redundances and optimization opportunities.
- Identify gaps between the As-Is and the To-Be processes
- With the support of the consultant document short-, mid- and long-term recommendations in the processes and build transition plan toward the new operating model
- Ensuring full compliance with the Project Management Office (PMO) and Information System Department methodologies, tools and standards.
- Preparing the change for stakeholders, ensuring they are all engaged at best all along the project life cycle.
- Ensuring post project running processes, support model are properly identified, documented, and validated.
- Process Management Certification or recognized process management experience
- Project management certification (PMP, Prince2, Hermes) or recognized project management curriculum an asset
- Lean Six Sigma certification (Yellow or Green Belt) a strong asset
- 2 years experience as Project Manager
- 3 years experience as Process Analyst or equivalent
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams in international environments
- Knowledge or experience of humanitarian sector a plus
- Fluent in French and English
- Team player, ability to federate people
- Influencing skill and result driven
- Committed to MSF Values
- Excellent ability to work in a multicultural environment successfully and to demonstrate commitment and support for diversity, gender-responsive, inclusive, and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
Skills/ Technical competencies
- Good knowledge of HR processes
- In depth knowledge on formalising and implementing HR business processes
- Process mapping techniques
- Good competencies in Lean Management methods
- Strong ability to develop contacts and to work independently
- Familiar with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project life-cycle
- Problem-solving mindset
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, self-organized and pro-active
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytical skills
Terms of Employment
- Full-time position 100% (40h/week)
- Fixed-term contract, 12 months
- Working place: Geneva,
- Ideal start date: As Soon As Possible
- Gross annual salary: from CHF 99’192.- to CHF 113’072.- (salary commensurate with equivalent experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Deadline for application is August 14th, 2022
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.