Union for International Cancer Control
Become a volunteer
The Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) is looking to recruit enthusiastic and dynamic volunteers who wish to strengthen their skills in event organisation by joining the team of one of the world’s leading health conferences: the World Cancer Congress.(link is external)
Volunteers will experience key roles and responsibilities which highly contribute to the final success of the event, ensuring the highest delegate satisfaction rate possible.
Where & When: The event will take place in Geneva from 18 to 20 October 2022 at the CICG - The International Conference Centre Geneva. The volunteers will be requested to be on-site between 4 and 8 hours max. (including breaks).
A major event in the global cancer control agenda
The World Cancer Congress (WCC) is an award-winning international conference which encourages effective knowledge transfer and best practices exchange amongst global cancer control and public health experts.
This volunteering opportunity is a truly rewarding and inspiring experience. You will get to be in the heart of the action, helping to run an impressive organisational machinery alongside a team of experts, and at the same time, you will support one the greatest human fights: cancer control.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Able to communicate in English
- Professional, reliable, responsible, polite, punctual and flexible
- Comfortable with meeting people, interacting with them and providing help
- Enthusiastic and team spirit
- Basic IT skills
- Able to interact with given information and convey the information to delegates
The UICC is engaged to offer:
- An opportunity to interact with the events’ organisers, all service providers involved in the event and to get a full understanding of the event planning.
- A break room where coffee breaks and lunches will be provided. If the volunteer is asked to work in the evening, dinner will also be provided.
- The material needed to perform the required tasks (pen, papers, etc.).
- An attendance certificate at the end of the volunteering period.
- Send your CV with a short email message explaining your interest and fit for this position to email@example.com
- Deadline for applications: 15 September 2022.
- Early applications will be given priority.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.