Fondation Graines de Paix
Graines de Paix Foundation is recruiting a Fundraiser with the talent for mobilizing large funds. Come and join our Management team if you are motivated as we are to transform Education and give it the means to bring about a better world.
Graines de Paix Foundation
Education and society are challenged with the growing tensions in the world right down to the classroom. Graines de Paix brings forward proven and approved education methods that foster positive educational and societal change, uniting education success and fulfillment, violence and radicalization prevention, and societal peace. It develops and delivers transformative teaching resources, national training programs and school interventions, hand in hand with education authorities and their staff. Its school manuals empower children to think and solve creatively, develop consideration, reciprocity and emotional skills with their fellow schoolmates, and see the bigger picture. Its training programs enable teachers to embrace positive education methods and let go of violent discipline and psychological forms of violence. Special programs have been designed to help Islamic schools progress likewise. All our work is replicable.
Graines de Paix also empowers communities. In Western Africa, families learn how to value girls and treat them fairly in the same way as in school. In Switzerland, the Living in harmony program (Bien-vivre ensemble) applies the Whole School Approach encompassing parents, school directors and other school staff.
Established in 2005 in Geneva, Graines de Paix received in 2019 the Smart Peace Prize (Leaders for Peace Foundation) after being endorsed by Education and Social Affairs Authorities. It is active in Switzerland, France and West Africa and has signed agreements with Tunisia, Lebanon and Senegal that deserve funding. It is funded by UNICEF, Swiss public funders, foundations and private donors.
Your role is to raise three types of funding: large project funding, core funding and Education development funding. All will serve to implement SDG 4 (Quality Education) and enhance it to include SDGs 3, 5 and 16 (Girls, Mental health, Violence prevention). The amount to raise should increase by CHF 1 million and more per year. You’ll report first to the Board and then to the Director (being hired).
- Secure larger, longer-term grants for ensuring full project funding.
- Assist our team in winning international bids and prizes.
- Bring in key new funders and new UHNW/HNW donors.
- Obtain core funding using a wide range of channels, including sales.
- Set up innovative financing mechanisms to raise funds.
- Expand our philanthropy networks, deepen relationships with philanthropists.
- Support our fundraising events.
- Management and production
- Update and regularly share the fundraising plan, roadmap, dashboard and alerts.
- Produce fundraising texts, documents and related procedures in French and English.
- Develop the CRM system.
- Human relations
- Grow a team of high-profile interns and volunteers to support these goals.
- Work closely with relevant trustees and staff at HQ and abroad.
We seek a motivated doer with a proven fundraising track record who will:
- convince in person and in writing large donor bodies at head office and locally
- foster warm and productive collaboration with colleagues, trustees and funders, donors
- shape the fundraising function at HQ and in our local entities
- set up best practices within the organization.
Professional skills and experience (4-10 years)
- Several past grants of CHF 1-3 million.
- Strong management skills
(funding cycle, donor mapping, CRM, HR management by objectives)
- Close attention to detail for ensuring quality output to donors
- Proficiency in Project management software, MS Office and Outlook contacts usage
- Excellent presentation and communications skills in English and French (oral and written).
- University graduate with Master’s degree or equivalent.
Terms & Conditions
|Start date||October 2022|
|Hours||80% (negotiable upwards)|
|Holidays||25 days p.a. +9 Geneva public holidays|
|Flexibility||Flexible hours, remote working possible up to 2 days/week|
|Location|| Graines de Paix office (central Geneva, a few meters from most bus
stops and from the Cornavin train station.
|Please send the following||
|by email only to
with the subject title
Candidate-Fundraising Manager - NAME First name
By Monday 19th September 2022, midnight.
|Please read before applying
|View offer on website
|Fundraising Manager Announcement|
We will consider your application with care and confidentiality. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, your application has not been retained. We thank you warmly for your interest in our work.