Global Survivors Fund
- Contract duration: 2-year contract with possible extension
- Reporting to: Director of Programmes and Executive Director
- Location: Unspecified
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Level in GSF function scale: Level 2
The Global Survivors Fund (“GSF”) was launched in October 2019 by Dr Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad, Nobel Peace Prize laureates 2018. Its mission is to enhance access to reparations for survivors of conflict-related sexual violence around the globe, thus responding to a gap long identified by survivors. GSF acts to provide interim reparative measures in situations where states or other parties are unable or unwilling to meet their responsibilities. GSF advocates for duty bearers as well as the international community to develop reparations programmes. It also guides states and civil society by providing expertise and technical support for designing reparations programmes. GSF’s survivor-centric approach is the cornerstone of its work.
The overall role of the Administrative Assistant is to support the Executive Director and the Director of Programmes with administrative work, research and writing tasks.
Support to the Executive Director and the Director of Programmes
- Support the Executive Director and the Director of Programmes in their daily tasks
- Manage the diary of the Executive Director
- Research and writing tasks (e.g. research on specific topic on conflict-related sexual violence and reparations, donor information, country-information)
- Compile background information and briefing documents
- Organise and prepare for meetings and assist in the follow-up
- Support in management of inbox and draft emails
- Draft letters and responses to correspondence
- Coordinate logistics and provide administrative support for the Executive Director’s participation in meetings and conferences organised by third parties
- Assist in administrative tasks, such as the preparation of expense claims for submission to finance unit
- Support the liaison with GSF closely affiliated organizations, such as the Mukwege Foundation, Panzi in DRC and Panzi USA
- Support with other tasks as needed
- Support the Senior Management Team in their social media engagement
- Assist the Executive Director in liaison and communication with the Board and the Strategic Forum
- Support GSF’s administration in making travel arrangements for Board members in line with GSF Travel Policy (including flights, hotel, ground transportation and visa applications)
- Organise and share meeting materials as needed
- Provide other administrative support as needed under the supervision of the Executive Director and Senior Management Team, such as booking conference rooms, arranging conference calls etc.
- Organise and maintain institutional documents pertaining to the Board
- Support the updating of the Governance folder in the SharePoint
- Facilitate translation of documents for Board members, as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Equivalent of a BA required, in an area that is relevant for GSF or for the position
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar position desired
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritise tasks and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and motivation
- Ability to work under pressure and respect tight deadlines
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to work in culturally diverse teams
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in French desired; other languages would be an asset
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Junior Executive Assistant application” as email subject, by Tuesday 27 September 2022. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Global Survivors Fund is committed to diversity, gender balance and inclusion as well as reflecting the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with, and will consider applications from qualified professionals from all backgrounds, cultures or beliefs. are. We encourage candidates from regions where GSF works to apply.
GSF operates and enforces multiple safeguarding policies including Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding and Fiscal Integrity.
Please note that for this position candidates must be authorised to work in the country where the position will be based at the moment of the application.
Your Data - If you choose to apply for this position, you will be providing us with your Personal Data, which we will process for the purposes of selecting a candidate for the position only. We will keep the Personal Data you share with us as part of the application process for six months from the deadline for application, after which it will be deleted. Your Personal Data will be accessed only by our HR Staff managing the recruitment process, as well as the members of the selection panel. You have the right to a) ask us for access to your Personal Data and for information about how we process it, b) to ask us to rectify the Personal Data we have on record for you, c) to ask us to delete your Personal Data or restrict its use, and d) to object to our processing of your Personal Data. To exercise these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any concerns or complaints about how GSF processes your Personal Data, please submit them to DataProtection@globalsurvivorsfund.org .