International Disability Alliance
- Start Date: as soon as possible, to be discussed depending on availability
- Location: Can be remote
The Senior M&E Manager will develop and oversee IDA’s monitoring and evaluation and will be responsible for the reporting to IDA Board and Donors. S/he will lead on IDA external evaluations and will support IDA Secretariat and Partners team to maintain an effective monitoring system across all the organisation, and ensure quality, effectiveness, and accountability of our activities.
The position requires strong analytical and writing skills, expertise in M&E planning and methodologies, experience in project management, and in developing data collection tools.
The International Disability Alliance (IDA) is a network of eight global and six regional organisations of persons with disabilities and their families (DPOs), representing the estimated one billion persons with disabilities worldwide. Founded in 1999, as a network of international disability rights organisations, a unique composition, that allows IDA to act as an authoritative and representative voice of persons with disabilities in the United Nations (UN) system in New York, Geneva and worldwide. IDA’s advocacy seeks to advance human rights utilising the UNCRPD and other Conventions, harnessing the strengthened united voice of its members, forging working relationships with partners to achieve common goals inclusive of persons with disabilities worldwide.
In a context of significant growth of IDA and enhanced role as the global representative network of persons with disabilities, sound monitoring and evaluation skills are essential to support the mandate of IDA. Ensuring that knowledge and information is timely and accurately collected, analysed, and made available brings an essential contribution to advance the rights of persons with disabilities and to IDA’s advocacy and monitoring work. It directly supports accountability towards donors as well as towards the disability rights movement.
B. Working Environment
Reports to/Line management: Operations and Finance Director
Staff under supervision: Senior MEAL Officer, Data Collection Assistant.
The Senior M&E Manager will also closely collaborate with the Capacity Building unit, as well as other team members involved in projects and development.
C. Job Description
The Senior M&E Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring continuous development of IDA’s monitoring & evaluation systems
- Supporting quality reporting and institutional communication on IDA’s work
The Senior M&E Manager will oversee the following responsibilities:
- Develop IDA’s monitoring & evaluation systems
- Coordinate the work on data collection and M&E systems including the development of software and digital tools with the IT Unit.
- Ensure organization-wide data collection, analysis, integrity documentation and sharing of quality information and experiences from IDA’s work;
- Lead the restructuring and adjustments of IDA’s monitoring and evaluation system to IDA Strategic Framework, identify and address gaps in information flows,
- Help determining performance indicators and targets for new IDA grants/ projects, support the development of logframes, risk matrix and projects’ theories of change;
- Lead on the framing and oversight of external evaluations, and upon request, act as an interface with donors, IDA members and partners for successful assessment of IDA’s performance.
- Develop project teams and partners capacities and skills in M&E and data collection.
- Ensure quality reporting and institutional communication
- Ensure quality and timely reporting to IDA donors and the Board; coordinate the production of external contents accounting for IDA’s achievements, including IDA annual reports.
- Support storytelling, case studies and writing of strategic documents and contribute to institutional communication.
- Ensure timely responses to donors and partners regarding M&E requirements, including follow-up of result frameworks, projects’ theories of change, risk matrix and other follow-up tools as needed.
- Provide support to all units in reporting process and provide staff training when needed
- Support the follow-up of partnerships with IDA members and as relevant, contribute to build capacities in M&E and reporting.
- Support the development of project proposals by IDA, IDA members and partners.
- Support Data projects or data components of IDA’s projects
- Support the IDA’s Global Disability Survey on participation of organizations of persons with disabilities in development programmes and policies.
- Support the identification of relevant accessible knowledge management solutions for IDA projects.
D. Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree or Equivalent in International Development, Human Rights, Political Sciences, International relations, Disability studies or other relevant to the position
- At least 7 years’ experience in monitoring & evaluation and/or project management
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Strong organisational skills, ability to manage a complex workload, to work under pressure and effectively manage time to respect multiple deadlines
- Strong communication skills, leadership and team orientated
- Experience of working with Organisations of Persons with Disabilities
- Professional or academic experience relating to the promotion of the human rights of persons with disabilities
- Understanding and awareness of IDA safeguarding policies. The candidate should understand the importance of the Safeguarding policy and IDA’s Code of Conduct (available here: https://www.internationaldisabilityalliance.org/reporting-fraud-abuse). IDA will not tolerate any form of abuse, violence, fraud, corruption, or any breach of the IDA policies.
2. Desirable Requirements
- Lived experience of disability
- Working knowledge of at least one other UN language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese)
- Work and/or life experience in Global South countries
D. How to apply:
- Please visit IDA website (https://www.internationaldisabilityalliance.org/content/opportunities) and fill in the form attached to the ad
- Then send the completed application form by email to email@example.com, indicating in the subject line: “Job Application: Senior M&E Manager”, before 05 October 2022, 8 pm CET.
- Please share your expected gross annual salary in your email.
Please ensure you respect the following:
- Please complete the form in type only, removing the job description part.
- Only completed application form will be accepted.
- We kindly ask candidates not to attach a separate CV or motivation letter to the application.
- Please remember to take the time zone into consideration when submitting your application. Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- After receiving your application, a confirmation of receipt will be sent to you via email. Should you not receive a confirmation, please contact the IDA Secretariat by email.
- Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be informed about the next steps of selection process.
- Please note that a selection process may last several months. No information will be released during this period.