- Reports to: EASL Association & Community Services Manager
- Location: EASL Office in Geneva
- Occupation: 100%
EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF THE LIVER
The European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) is a non-profit organization with its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. It performs its duty under a written constitution.
EASL was established in 1966 by a founding group of 70 European hepatologists. Over the past 50 years it has grown into a major European medical association with significant international representation and global influence. EASL currently has over 4700 members from all continents, and the annual meeting is now the major international scientific event for liver diseases with more than 10,000 participants. EASL’s core mission is the promotion of research and education concerning the liver and liver diseases. EASL runs a comprehensive portfolio of conferences, schools and related educational meetings. More recently, EASL has established a broad collection of online education and digital tools.
EASL acts as an advisor to European and national health authorities. All EASL activities and projects are coordinated by the EASL office in Geneva, which currently hosts more than 30 employees across several departments. The current office covers a broad range of expertise from events management, education and publishing to marketing, finance management and public relations.
The Association & Community Services team manages the relationship with EASL’s community, including individual members and related societies. The team is responsible for all corporate, community and events communication, the implementation of governance related projects, and the organisations grants, fellowships, and awards programmes.
The Association & Community Services Coordinator works closely with the Association & Community Services team, developing convincing and appealing marketing communication to promote EASL’s events; educational activities; policy, public health and advocacy messaging, and membership activities. He/she has native-level English proficiency, is comfortable with copywriting, proof-reading and providing constructive feedback regarding style and tone of voice to other team-members. The coordinator is also at ease working with a large variety of digital tools and providing tailored language for various communication channels.
In addition to the development of marketing content, the coordinator will, in close collaboration with the ACS manager, be responsible for project management of various other EASL deliverables, activities and programmes, including but not limited to: EASL Annual Report, EU-funded projects, and EASL Consortia.
Experience with project management, event organisation, data analysis, and/or a scientific/medical background are strong assets for this role.
Corporate communication and marketing content development
- Develop concise and convincing messaging to promote all EASL events (Congress, Summits, Schools, Masterclasses, etc.).
- Develop messaging and provide editorial support for EASL’s Policy, Public Health, and Advocacy activities, as well as EASL’s Educational activities.
- Write and edit compelling news, marketing and editorial content on EASL’s communications channels including; website, social media, newsletters, videos, annual report and brochures.
- Collaborate with other EASL teams, experts and partners to ensure relevant content is promoted at the optimal time on the most effective channels.
- Coordinate the creation of EASL’s Annual Report.
- Enhance awareness of EASL activities and promote a consistent, strong and positive EASL brand.
- Support consistent editorial style and ensure that EASL’s editorial guidelines are implemented and up to date.
Press and Media coordination
- Liaise with EASL Media Consultant and support the coordination of press releases and press events, respond to media requests and improve media relations.
- Support the ACS manager and EASL Media Consultant with press management prior to and during EASL events.
- Liaise with EU-project consortia leads regarding EASL’s project involvement.
- Identify and implement dissemination and communication activities for EU-funded projects.
- Coordinate and support narrative and financial reporting.
- Point of contact for EASL Consortia coordinators.
- Identify and implement dissemination and communication activities for EASL Consortia.
- Teamwork: hands-on, team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with pressure in a high-paced environment, managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Pro-active, and exhibiting a strong sense of initiative.
- Creative and problem-solving mindset.
- Native-level English proficiency is a must.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a communication or marketing role.
- Proficiency with use of social media
- Proficiency with WordPress CMS
- Experience with Google Analytics a strong asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience with CRM / database management.
The candidate must be:
- A national of one of the EEA Member States or the holder of a valid Swiss work permit.
- Willing and able to undertake occasional travel within Europe.
- Onsite participation in the EASL Congress each May/June is compulsory.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of home office
- Very good pension plan
- Our team includes many nationalities with diverse professional backgrounds, skills, and knowledge
EASL is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Please send complete application (CV, motivation letter, Certificates and Diplomas) to email@example.com
Only complete applications will be considered.
- b.: Due to time constraints, we will only answer to the applicants that are selected for a first round of interview. Thank you for your understanding.