Kofi Annan Foundation
- Full-time position for 6 months, with the possibility of renewal for a further 6 months.
- Expected start date: 15 January 2023.
- Based in Geneva: a valid work permit for Switzerland is required or the applicant needs to be a Swiss or EU national.
Under the direct supervision of the Communications Manager and the overall supervision of the Executive Director, the Communications Associate will support the Foundation’s communication, outreach and advocacy activities, including public events.
The Communications Associate will undertake the following:
- Supports the Communications Manager in all her work related to managing and updating the Foundation’s website and its social media accounts, as well as drafting, formatting and disseminating newsletters, the annual report and other publication
- Assists the Communications Manager in the timely and quality production of advocacy and branding material including audiovisual material; as well as in the drafting of articles and other compelling communication material to be widely disseminated
- Monitors and evaluates impact of communication materials and advocacy events/campaigns to target audiences, as well as the reach of the Foundation on social media platforms and visits to the website and produces regular analytic reports in this regard.
- Develops contents for Vision Annan on the Foundation’s website, including links to key speeches by Kofi Annan, bibliographical elements and archived audiovisual material, and prepares social media posts to promote awareness of Kofi Annan’s achievements and legacy.
- Supports the Foundation in the organization of online and in-person public events to promote strategic goals. This includes liaising with speakers and participants, providing support on branding and communication for all events, under the supervision of the Communications Manager and in collaboration with programme staff.
- Tracks opportunities for the Foundation to participate and contribute to public events of relevance to the Foundation’s strategy and areas of work. Liaises with organizers of such external events to collect all information needed for coordination, logistics and communication.
- Maintains an updated calendar of events to plan communication activities effectively and efficiently.
- Takes meeting and call notes and shares the follow-up items with relevant staff members and external partners as instructed.
- Assists with the preparation of speeches, talking points, correspondence and other written outputs.
- Liaises with external partners and stakeholders.
- Undertakes official mission travel and performs other tasks as required by the Communications Manager
Requirements for the post
- Excellent written and spoken English required. A very good knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Advanced university degree in communications, marketing, journalism, design or a related field.
- Experience in communications in a non-governmental or international organization is an advantage.
- Experience of website CMS, email marketing management (such as Mailchimp) and social media accounts management is an advantage.
- Familiarity with design software such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Canva or others is a strong advantage.
- Experience organizing on-line events on platforms such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams is an advantage.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner.
- Sound judgment, discretion, tact and good interpersonal skills are prized attributes, as are the ability to take initiatives and work to deadlines.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV with a letter of motivation in English to HR@kofiannanfoundation.org by noon CET 1 November 2022. A written test and interview may be part of the recruitment process.
Associate positions at the Foundation:
Associate positions are offered to young people who have recently completed an advanced (Masters) university degree and want to acquire a first international full professional experience. Associates are normally recruited for 6 to 12 months, and there is no expectation of renewal beyond one year. The position is remunerated at the level of the minimum wage in effect in the Canton of Geneva, Switzerland.