ALIPH is a Swiss foundation based in Geneva, with the privileges and immunities of an international organization. As the leading global fund exclusively dedicated to the protection of cultural heritage in conflict areas, ALIPH supports concrete projects in the fields of prevention, emergency response and rehabilitation. To fulfill its mission, the foundation requires the financial support of States, foundations and private donors.
About the position
Under the authority of the Executive Director, the Director of Development will:
- Elaborate and contribute to the implementation of ALIPH’s development strategies, including crisis management,
- Develop and implement, in relevant regions, mechanisms for the direct implementation of heritage protection projects by ALIPH,
- Develop and implement post-project evaluation strategies and processes,
- Develop partnerships relating to the final allotment and use of heritage rehabilitated by ALIPH,
- Develop the monitoring of the general situation of heritage in areas of tension, including through the development of a network of international correspondents,
- Pilot the setting up, where necessary, of local ALIPH offices,
- Participate, whenever necessary, in international conferences and meetings in his/her fields of competence;
- Contribute, in coordination with the other directors of the Foundation, to the preparation of ALIPH’s Foundation Board and Committee meetings;
- Manage a team of one to two project managers at this stage, the size of which may evolve in the coming years, depending on the development of ALIPH;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Professional skills and experience
- Postgraduate education in a relevant field (cultural heritage, archaeology, architecture, political science, international relations…)
- At least 8 years of working experience, out of which 3 years in a management position in an international organization, a nonprofit, a foundation, a public administration or an international corporation
- Scientific and technical field expertise in heritage protection
- Proven experience in program and project management
- Capacity to create and develop a new position within ALIPH
- Solid knowledge in international relations and geopolitics
- Proven capacity for planning and working in an emergency environment
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working in an international environment and willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis, including to sensitive areas
- Sense of rigor and diplomacy
- Flexibility and capacity to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit and capacity to work in startup mode
- Fluent in English and French. Knowledge of another language, especially Arabic, would be an asset.
This position will provide exceptional professional experience to an individual bringing the right combination of skills, passion and constructive attitude.
Start date: 1 January 2023
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter in English before 15 November to the following e-mail address: HR@aliph-foundation.org - mentioning "Director of Development" in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.