ALIPH is a Swiss foundation based in Geneva, with the privileges and immunities of an international organization. As the leading global fund exclusively dedicated to the protection of cultural heritage in conflict areas, ALIPH supports concrete projects in the fields of prevention, emergency response and rehabilitation. To fulfill its mission, the foundation requires the financial support of States, foundations and private donors.
About the position
Under the authority of the Director of Finance and Operations, the Donor Relations and Reporting Officer will:
- Support the development and implementation of a resource mobilization strategy for the Foundation,
- Develop a roster of potential donors (governments, foundations, philanthropists, corporations,…),
- Reach out and build relationships with new donors,
- Prepare and follow up on funding applications,
- Finalize the negotiations for contributions and assist in the preparation of contractual agreements with donors,
- Contribute, in coordination with Project Managers, to the analysis of achievements against the intended outputs and outcome as spelled out in the funding proposals,
- Monitor the fulfillment of all contractual obligations including the drafting and timely submission of progress and final reports (both narrative and financial reports) to the donors,
- Support the Communication department with the production of fundraising material and the organization of fundraising events,
- Contribute to the preparation of the ALIPH’s Finance and Development Committee and ensure the follow-up of its recommendations,
- Keep abreast of new trends in the philanthropic sector,
Professional skills and experience
- Postgraduate education in a relevant field (management, finance, political science, international relations…)
- At least 3 years of experience in resource mobilization and donor reporting for a foundation, an international organization or a major academic or cultural institution
- Proven knowledge of developing donor strategies
- Solid experience in financial reporting to public, private and multilateral donors (including the European Union)
- Ability to create and develop a new role within ALIPH
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excelling drafting skills in English
- Strong oral communication skills
- Sense of rigor and diplomacy
- Ability to work in an international environment and willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis
- Flexibility and ability to set priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Team spirit and ability to work in startup mode
- Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…)
- Fluent in English and French. Knowledge of another language, especially Arabic, would be an asset.
This position will provide exceptional professional experience to an individual bringing the right combination of skills, passion and constructive attitude.
Start date: 1 January 2023
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter in English before 15 November to the following e-mail address: HR@aliph-foundation.org - mentioning "Donor relations and reporting officer" in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.