Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI)
- Application Deadline: 24 January 2023
- Type of Contract: Individual
- Level: Consultant
- Languages: English
- Expected Duration of Assignment: 30 – 40 days
The Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) is the global network of National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs), which are independent state bodies with a constitutional and/or legislative mandate to protect and promote human rights. To date, more than 100 NHRIs exist worldwide, 78 of them being in full compliance with the United Nations Paris Principles. Among GANHRI’s core functions is to:
- serve as knowledge broker with and among its members,
- be the global voice of NHRIs within UN and other fora in presenting results from the rich national experiences and work of NHRI and in formulating common positions to influence regional and international human rights policy development.
- support NHRIs under threat; and
- host annual meetings and
The aim of the GANHRI Head Office, located in Geneva at Palais des Nations, is to coordinate the activities of the NHRIs at the global level and to promote and strengthen NHRIs to be in accordance with the Paris Principles and provide leadership in the promotion and protection of human rights. With the aim of ensuring equal regional representation within GANHRI, four regional networks have been established and operate in close coordination with GANHRI:
- Africa-Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI)
- Americas-Network of the National Human Rights Institutions from the Americas
- Asia-Pacific- Asia-Pacific Forum of National Human Rights Institutions (APF)
- Europe- European Network of National Human Rights Institutions (ENNHRI)
The objective of the project is to have reliable, centralised, and relevant information on NHRIs, members and observers of GANHRI and the four regional networks secretariats (regional networks) with the primary aim to facilitate the connection and communications with GANHRI members. In this context, GANHRI is recruiting a consultant to customise & implement a suitable customer relationship management tool (CRM) for its best purposes. The project is split into 2 phases. This Terms of Reference refers only to PHASE I: PHASE I To define, map, collect, store & share relevant data concerning NHRIs, members or observers of GANHRI and the four regional networks. The data criteria, as well as the modalities for the maintenance and update thereof, will be formally agreed upon and determined by the various stakeholders, guided by the consultant. The database will be accessible to the GANHRI Head Office, NIRMS and Regional Network Secretariats staff through 10 individual licences, made available by Salesforce, issued by GANHRI. PHASE II Inclusion of more advanced data and structured information also relevant to the SCA, to other GANHRI governance bodies and to OHCHR (i.e., Treaty Bodies and thematic sections) GANHRI will consider, in line with data protection policies, the possibility of extending the access to the database to its governance bodies and other interested stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist GANHRI with defining approach specific to their unique needs (including identification of CRM tool)
- Assist GANHRI to identify the data with which to populate the CRM, within Phase I.
- Produce a data model that reflects the data requirements identified.
- including fields & relationships identified in the data model
- design the relevant page layouts, dashboards etc to facilitate data entry and searches for users with varying technical capacity
- In partnership with GANHRI’s Communications Officer, design/implement a process to integrate existing communication tools such as Mailchimp
- Set up GANHRI domain/email capacities within the tool
- User Access Permissions & Data Protection
- Assist in defining user access permissions relating to adding, deleting, updating & viewing data in the CRM
- Setup user access & permissions for GANHRI Head Office, NIRMS and the Regional Network Secretariats.
- Guide GANHRI in GDPR protocols relating to the CRM
- Clean, transform and load data that is already available from Excel spreadsheets, mailing lists, GANHRI’s online accounting system.
- Design & document a data maintenance protocol to include:
- Schedule of tasks to perform periodically to maintain the data in the Salesforce.
- User instructions to add, delete & update data for the various user groups/permissions.
- Provide data collection tools/templates to be used for mass updates/import of data.
- Plan & execute user training on the use of the platform.
- GANHRI approach is defined specific to their needs
- Data model of data to be contained in the CRM
- A populated CRM with
- up to date data,
- easy-to-use data entry, viewing pages & dashboards
- user access and permissions set up for 10 licensed users
- integration with existing communication tools
- GANHRI specific domain & email setup
- Training material & data maintenance protocol outline
- An online training to all users of the CRM
- Relevant guidance
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems
- Relevant experience, of at least 3 years, in the complete project lifecycle of a CRM/Database implementation, including providing training and user guides/manuals
- Experience implementing a CRM solution
- Experience working with NGOs is a plus,
- Fluency in English, essential. French, Spanish a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to deliver projects within assigned deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
It is envisaged that the consultancy will take 30 to 40 days.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following to email@example.com by 24 January 2023
- CV, including similar previously performed and names of three professional referees as well as availability dates
- Cover letter which details know-how
- Daily rate of consultant (EUR)