The Gold Standard Foundation
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, the Director of Fundraising works closely with program teams to manage the impact and growth of Gold Standard programs through grant funding from foundation, government, and multilateral donors. The Director of Fundraising will manage other members of the Fundraising team, and will be responsible for related systems and processes.
This can be a remote working position (Europe-based), or a hybrid working position at our HQ in Geneva, Switzerland.
WHAT WE DO
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Today, our standard, ‘Gold Standard for the Global Goals’, allows climate and development initiatives within carbon markets, corporate supply chains, and sustainable finance to manage, measure and maximise their impacts toward the Net Zero ambition of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. Certification against the standard provides the confidence that these results are measured and verified, enabling credible impact reporting. ISEAL Code Compliant and backed by a broad NGO Supporter Network, Gold Standard has 2000+ projects underway in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
For almost 20 years, Gold Standard has shown how carbon finance can achieve its highest potential. We’ve created innovative new standards, programmes and tools that raise the bar for quality across a broader range of applications than carbon markets. We focus on those that have the most promise to contribute to our vision and mission, bringing them to market with the requisite planning and resources.
We build on our reputation for quality and rigour with more robust measurement of outcomes, stronger safeguards and greater impact across the Sustainable Development Goals. Our objective is to make rigour simpler and more achievable at scale.
We work with key partners who share our goals and complement our strengths. Our partnership strategy aims to move beyond working opportunistically as a delivery partner in favor of collaborating in long-term strategic synergy.
We were established to bring confidence, trust, and accountability to carbon markets. We will continue to take strides to improve transparency in our own processes, in the broader market and in non-market mechanisms.
The Gold Standard Foundation is looking to build our team with exceptional people who are excited and driven to shape and deliver this ambition and uphold our values. We are now seeking an experienced Director of Fundraising.
This is a career opportunity at the leading edge of global climate change and sustainability solutions.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Fundraising strategy: Lead the Fundraising Team in formulation, monitoring, revision, and reporting of the organization’s overall fundraising strategy, with ownership for the role of government and multilateral donor agencies within the strategy. Spearhead the fundraising and business development of effective resource mobilisation strategies and respective PCM process.
- Team leadership: Manage other members of the Fundraising Team. Represent the Fundraising Team as required.
- Donor portfolio: Lead management and growth of a portfolio of government and multilateral donors. Tasks will include donor research and tracking; identify and recommend key alliances for program team follow-up, identify and register on bid lists and RFP notifications; and long-term relationship-management approach including stewardship, promotion, recognition, retention. Develop relationships with potential donors: meet, interact, and present information effectively to potential donors.
- Program support: Ensure the program teams align program USP with donor priorities and opportunities, donor segmentation, case statement, and fund raising collateral. Lead program teams on donor compliance; proposal timing, announcements, and grant cycle; serve as donor contact for development issues.
- Proposal management: Lead program teams throughout proposal preparation, and grant onboarding process, including: concept note, MOU and NDA development in the case of collaborations, oversee and review of proposal and budget, management of grant writers and/or budget contractors as needed, lead document version control and tracking. Provide oversight on final reports to ensure donor compliance and complete records.
- Systems and process: Manage the overall responsibility for Development systems and process including: CRM, process cycle management, records and tracking systems, repository of RFP and tender opportunities; development resources, records and templates. Maintain a repository of standard proposal collateral (team qualifications, past projects, templates, checklists, etc.).
YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successful resource mobilization with governments and/or multilateral agency donors. Experience with European government agencies is strongly preferred.
- Director- level leadership and team management experience is required.
- Prior experience in climate change or sustainability organization strongly preferred.
- High energy and passion for our vision and mission is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to influence and engage a wide range of partners
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable style, positive attitude. A team player who will productively engage with others within and outside GSF
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred in a relevant field.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN AND GROW BY:
- Working with government officials, multinational organisations and other stakeholders across the world
- Working within an internationally leading environmental standard at the cutting edge of climate and sustainable development action.
- Managing the delivery of grant and philanthropy from government and multilateral donor agencies
- Building a broad partner network across government, international organisations, businesses and other stakeholder groups.
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other benefits to working at Gold Standard include:
- A mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team
- An ambitious, agile and flexible environment
Applications for this role will close on Tuesday, 20th December 2022. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining why you want to work for the Gold Standard and a CV through our recruitment portal.
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we strive to create a workplace where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.