The Gold Standard Foundation
The Marketing and Communications team sits at the heart of Gold Standards efforts to build a climate secure and sustainable world. This role will provide general support to the Communications Manager.
This can be a remote working position (UK-based), or a hybrid working position at our HQ in Geneva, Switzerland.
WHAT WE DO
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Gold Standard now has a broad NGO Supporter Network and 2000+ projects in almost 100 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
The marketing and communications team sits within the strategy directorate and is responsible for all external communications delivered by the organisation. This includes media relations, newsletters, social media channels and website.
For almost 20 years, Gold Standard has shown how carbon finance can achieve its highest potential. We’ve created innovative new standards, programmes and tools that raise the bar for quality across a broader range of applications than carbon markets. We focus on those that have the most promise to contribute to our vision and mission, bringing them to market with the requisite planning and resources.
We build on our reputation for quality and rigour with more robust measurement of outcomes, stronger safeguards and greater impact across the Sustainable Development Goals. Our objective is to make rigour simpler and more achievable at scale.
We work with key partners who share our goals and complement our strengths. Our partnership strategy aims to move beyond working opportunistically as a delivery partner in favor of collaborating in long-term strategic synergy.
We were established to bring confidence, trust, and accountability to carbon markets. We will continue to take strides to improve transparency in our own processes, in the broader market and in non-market mechanisms.
The Gold Standard Foundation is looking to build our team with exceptional people who are excited and driven to shape and deliver this ambition and uphold our values. We are now seeking a Communications Officer to help support our communications efforts as the organisation grows.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Managing Gold Standard’s social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, ensuring that our social media output is effective and contributes to Gold Standard’s overall policy and communications objectives.
- Maintaining and updating Gold Standard’s communications planning system, proactively ensuring that external announcements contribute to Gold Standard achieving maximum impact from our communications.
- Delivering internal communications products, including a monthly internal email intended to keep staff members informed of key developments, and supporting internal communications plans to inform and engage Gold Standard staff on specific topics.
- Working on Gold Standard’s programme of external events, supporting the development of briefing materials and helping those attending to ensure Gold Standard achieves maximum visibility from our participation.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as the need arrives, to best support the Marketing and Communications Team.
YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Social media and community building experience (or keen interest)
- University degree
- 1-2 years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Fluency in English, mother tongue preferred; additional languages a plus.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN AND GROW BY:
Working within a small and dedicated communications team you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and support to pursue your ideas to improve Gold Standard’s communications offering.
The communications team is busy but places a real emphasis on learning and development so you can expect support to develop your knowledge both of sustainable development and communications techniques while you deliver to a high standard.
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other benefits to working at Gold Standard include:
- A Mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team
- An agile and flexible environment
Applications for this role will close on January 2nd, 2023. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining why you want to work for the Gold Standard and a CV through our recruitment portal.
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we strive to create a workplace where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.