The Gold Standard Foundation
The Market Development + Partnerships Team is responsible for attracting and supporting users of Gold Standard, including project developers, companies, investors, and governments, in their customer journey.
As the first point of contact for all potential users of Gold Standard’s products and services, the Market Development Officer is a pivotal role within the team, helping to support and enhance the experience for our stakeholders - from early inquiries, to operational support, to providing information on our certification processes, new initiatives and/or marketing and sales opportunities. This is an exciting role for someone process-driven, empathetic, and who wants to make a positive difference.
This can be a remote working position (UK/Germany based), or a hybrid working position at our HQ in Geneva, Switzerland.
WHAT WE DO
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Today, our standard, ‘Gold Standard for the Global Goals’, allows climate and development initiatives within carbon markets, corporate supply chains, and sustainable finance to manage, measure and maximise their impacts toward the Net Zero ambition of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. Certification against the standard provides the confidence that these results are measured and verified, enabling credible impact reporting. ISEAL Code Compliant and backed by a broad NGO Supporter Network, Gold Standard has 2000+ projects underway in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
For almost 20 years, Gold Standard has shown how carbon finance can achieve its highest potential. We’ve created innovative new standards, programmes and tools that raise the bar for quality across a broader range of applications than carbon markets. We focus on those that have the most promise to contribute to our vision and mission, bringing them to market with the requisite planning and resources.
We build on our reputation for quality and rigour with more robust measurement of outcomes, stronger safeguards and greater impact across the Sustainable Development Goals. Our objective is to make rigour simpler and more achievable at scale.
We work with key partners who share our goals and complement our strengths. Our partnership strategy aims to move beyond working opportunistically as a delivery partner in favor of collaborating in long-term strategic synergy.
We were established to bring confidence, trust, and accountability to carbon markets. We will continue to take strides to improve transparency in our own processes, in the broader market and in non-market mechanisms.
In addition to these values, Gold Standard is committed to performing with excellence, and providing constructive and timely support for our growing community of users. We are therefore seeking an Officer for the Market Development + Partnerships Team to help us provide an upfront positive customer experience that promotes loyalty, encourages brand advocacy, and will enable us to continue to grow and deliver on our mission to provide sustainable development and climate security for all.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Managing enquiries that come into the organisation in a timely, helpful, and efficient manner. This includes providing responses directly and/or assigning tickets to subject matter experts.
- Liaising with the Market Development Managers and Registry Operations Team to support their customer engagement.
- Providing feedback and analysis to the relevant teams to continually enhance customer service and to build brand awareness.
- Providing operational support to both the Gold Standard Impact Registry and Project Marketplace, including new registry account openings, draft order creation, and Gold Standard vendor applications for supplier onboarding procedures.
- Logging issues and analysing customer feedback to prepare reports and provide suggested improvements on a regular basis.
- Supporting the implementation of improvements to continue building excellence in the customer journey experience.
- Continually build knowledge of the new initiatives, updates and services provided by the organisation.
- Any other miscellaneous tasks to ensure the smooth running of Gold Standard’s helpdesk, Impact Registry and Project Marketplace.
YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Experience of working in customer service, customer experience innovation, or experience in a client-facing climate or sustainability-based role.
- An open and friendly manner, with exceptional interpersonal skills and a client-centered approach.
- Knowledge of climate change, environmental markets, and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) a plus.
- Solid overall computer literacy, proficiency in various MS Office applications (including Excel); familiarity with online systems, database structures, and queries, is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written skills, including strong drafting, formulation, reporting skills, document production and editing are required.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle complex enquiries and trouble-shoot/resolve problems quickly and calmly.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with the ability to work with a range of staff based all around the world.
- An undergraduate degree and the ability to learn quickly.
- The ability to work legally in the region stated.
- Experience in carbon markets including a close understanding of CDM, voluntary carbon standards and new developments post-Paris Agreement
WHAT WE OFFER
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other benefits to working at Gold Standard include:
- A mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability.
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment.
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team.
- An ambitious, agile and flexible environment.
Applications for this role will close on January 16th, 2023. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining why you want to work for the Gold Standard and a CV through our recruitment portal.
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we strive to create a workplace where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.