DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance
DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity‐building of both state and non‐state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF's Foundation Council brings together representatives of around 60 states. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world's leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the operational principles of neutrality, impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. DCAF embraces and promotes values of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, integrity and respect. For more information please visit www.dcaf.ch
For our Human Resources Unit, we are looking for a proactive and passionate individual to be our next:
Talent Acquisition Specialist - 50% - Maternity cover
- Location: Geneva
- Starting date: asap
- Duration: up to 6 months – Maternity cover
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will report to the Head of Human Resources. She/he will support the organisation and oversee our recruitment process and cycle.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED ACTIVITIES
- Support and advise the organisation on all aspects related to recruitment
- Coordinate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs and plan recruitment campaign
- Take steps to ensure positive candidate experience
- Source potential candidates through online channels (e.g. social platforms and professional networks)
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews
- Assess candidate information, including resumes and contact details, using our Applicant Tracking System
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Talent Acquisition or similar HR role
- In-depth knowledge of full recruiting cycle and employer branding techniques
- Familiarity with different selection methods (interviews, assignments, psychological test etc.)
- Hands on experience with posting jobs on social media and job boards
- Proven experience with an ATS
- BSc/MSc Degree and/or equivalent further education like Swiss federal Diploma in HR
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in French and English
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to efficiently interact with internal and external stakeholders
- A proactive and “hands on” approach and a solution-oriented attitude
- Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite.
- a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience.
- the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people.
- the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights.
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please apply online at https://dcaf-flexperso.ch by January 9th, 2023 enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF.
- a concise CV (maximum two pages)
- Please mention your availability date or notice period in your motivational statement.
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed or been convicted of any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.