Mercy Hands Europe
Mercy Hands Europe (MHEurope) is a women-led international non-profit organisation registered in Geneva, Switzerland, since 2019. It is the sister organisation of Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid (MH), the biggest local NGO in Iraq founded in 2004. MHEurope's mission is to empower vulnerable people living in the disaster areas of Iraq, Syria, Ethiopia and Georgia through our sister organisation and local partners. We focus primarily on education, protection, emergency, and livelihood sectors. We support the development and implementation of our projects with partner organisations on the ground. Our project management experience and expertise, with sustainability as a core value, and our presence in Switzerland, allow us to secure long-term sources of income and ensure capacity building of local communities. MHEurope is offering an internship contract of 6 months, with two months of probation period. The starting date of the internship will ideally be the 1st July 2023. The intern must be already based in Geneva and a student.
Salary and benefits
- 6 months (Part-time: 25 hours/week in the office)
- Starting date: 1.09.2023.
- Closing date for Applications 20.08.2023
- Monthly recompensation: 250 CHF.
Tasks and Responsibilities
You will report to the Executive Director and Programme Coordinator, and your main role will be (1) To launch (create, write and fundraise) new projects (2) to manage assigned ongoing projects. In detail, your responsibilities include:
- Identifying suitable funding opportunities for the already designed projects or for new projects (call for proposals, foundations, institutional funders, INGOs, UN agencies, private etc...)
- Developing new projects in the various sectors and regions (especially education and protection)
- Manage ongoing projects (Visibility, administration, milestones, work plan)
- Coordinate fundraising campaigns
- Reporting to the donors and partners, follow-up on the projects and coordination of the field staff
- Help the ED in the administrative processes, especially the one linked to your projects.
- Organizing meetings, trainings and events in Switzerland, Europe or on the field
- Managing social networks and communication
- Advocating for the needs of the field
- Representing MHEurope in meetings
At the end of the internship, the intern will have:
- Experience in project management in the development and humanitarian sector (protection, livelihood and education)
- Experience in remote support of local actors
- Experience in grants management and communication with donors, and especially in drafting project proposals; experience in researching and answering to calls for proposals
- Experience in social media management
- Well-defined knowledge of the humanitarian situation and needs in Iraq, Syria, Ukraine and/or Ethiopia
- A network of contacts in the targeted regions.
Requirements & Competencies
- Currently enrolled in a Master's degree programme with thematic interest or coursework in livelihood, protection, education and humanitarian emergency and a demonstrated thematic interest in international cooperation and humanitarian work in the mentioned sectors above
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French (C1-C2). Arabic and German is an appreciated added-value
- Good knowledge of MS office suite (word, excel, PowerPoint), social media management and Google Drive. Knowledge of image editing software is an asset
- Good knowledge of Switzerland, its actors and institutions is an added value
- Good knowledge of the targeted region context (Iraq, Syria, Ethiopia and/or Georgia/Ukraine)
- Knowledge of project management and fundraising is an asset
- Ability to follow suggestions but also to work independently and flexibly
- Ability to manage time successfully and continually meet objectives
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural team.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter before 20.08.2023 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: Internship application for Project Manager. Due to the high number of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your understanding Project Manager Intern .docx-2