Global Survivors Fund
- Title: Human Resources Assistant
- Type of contract: Employment
- Contract duration: 2-year contract with possible extension
- Work time: Full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Reporting to: Human Resources Officer
- Internal relations: All GSF staff
- External relations: HR-related Service providers and partners
- Location: Unspecified
- Start date: March 2023
- Application deadline: 25/01/2023
The Global Survivors Fund (“GSF”) was launched in October 2019 by Dr Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad, Nobel Peace Prize laureates 2018. Its mission is to enhance access to reparations for survivors of conflict-related sexual violence around the globe, thus responding to a gap long identified by survivors. GSF acts to provide interim reparative measures in situations where states or other parties are unable or unwilling to meet their responsibilities. GSF advocates for duty bearers as well as the international community to develop reparations programmes. It also guides states and civil society by providing expertise and technical support for designing reparations programmes. GSF’s survivor-centric approach is the cornerstone of its work.
The main role of the Human Resources Assistant is to support the Human Resources Officer during the various stages of GSF employees’ lifecycle (from recruitment to separation), both in Switzerland and abroad. The Human Resources Assistant will also be involved in the management of consultancies and internships, and will interact with external partners, as required.
Human Resources administration
- Support the update and maintenance of electronic and paper employee files and records, under the supervision of the HR Officer;
- Review and adjust layout of employment, internship and consultancy agreements and other HR-related documents; prepare drafts and upload on electronic platforms for signature;
- Liaise with GSF Administration on all aspects linked to staff onboarding in Switzerland (issuing of badges, mailing of documents for Swiss permits, organise briefings etc..);
- Liaise with external partners on HR matters, as required;
- Attend regular meetings with the HR team to coordinate on tasks and priorities;
- Attend regular meetings with other GSF colleagues or teams, as required.
Policies and regulations
- Contribute to correct implementation of GSF HR policies;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and other opportunities to provide input in HR-related matters and organisational culture, as appropriate;
- Support with circulating among staff any news or updates related to GSF HR policies and regulations.
Staff recruitment and development
- Post vacancy announcements and manage the various recruitment phases, as required, in line with GSF Recruitment policy and procedures;
- Respond to spontaneous applications or other queries received via firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- Support the organisation of team building activities and staff retreats;
- Support with other tasks, as needed.
Education and Experience
- Equivalent of a BA required, ideally in the field of office/HR administration
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar position required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritise tasks and work independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure and respect tight deadlines
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to work in culturally diverse teams
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (familiarity with SharePoint would be an asset)
- Proficiency in English and French; other languages would be an asset
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Human Resources Assistant” as email subject, by Wednesday 25 January 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Global Survivors Fund is committed to diversity, gender balance and inclusion as well as reflecting the diversity of the places where we work and the communities we work with, and will consider applications from qualified professionals from all backgrounds, cultures or beliefs. are. We encourage candidates from regions where GSF works to apply.
GSF operates and enforces multiple safeguarding policies including Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding and Fiscal Integrity.
Please note that for this position candidates must be authorised to work in the country where the position will be based at the moment of the application.
Your Data - If you choose to apply for this position, you will be providing us with your Personal Data, which we will process for the purposes of selecting a candidate for the position only. We will keep the Personal Data you share with us as part of the application process for six months from the deadline for application, after which it will be deleted. Your Personal Data will be accessed only by our HR Staff managing the recruitment process, as well as the members of the selection panel. You have the right to a) ask us for access to your Personal Data and for information about how we process it, b) to ask us to rectify the Personal Data we have on record for you, c) to ask us to delete your Personal Data or restrict its use, and d) to object to our processing of your Personal Data. To exercise these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any concerns or complaints about how GSF processes your Personal Data, please submit them to DataProtection@globalsurvivorsfund.org .