Action for Development
About Action for Development (AfD)
Action for Development is an NGO with offices in Geneva, Switzerland, and Kabul, Afghanistan.
AfD aims to ensure that funding for health and community development programs is spent in ways that maximize its impact, partnering with local organizations at the grassroots level. The main focus areas of our programs are strategic health facilities management, maternal, neonatal, and child health services expansion, family planning, water, sanitation and hygiene, women's empowerment, capacity building, and education. In 2014, AfD was granted consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Responsibilities of the Public Health Specialist
The Public Health Specialist will work on a public health and nutrition portfolio and will be primarily responsible for the collection and analysis of data related to our Comprehensive Health Center (CHC) located in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Act as the data focal point in communications with the CHC in order to collect and consolidate monthly reports (e.g HMIS forms, cost-recovery information), and analyze data. Continue to maintain our good working relationship, and be made aware of any issues or needs.
- Analysis of the data regarding the use of the CHC on a quarterly basis, showing the gender of clients, age breakdown, drugs used, etc
- Report this data to the management and health teams in a timely manner.
- Assist by providing data for Concept Notes and Grant Applications as requested.
- Assist with drafting Concept notes and proposals when and if necessary
- Participate in AfD and inter-agency meetings, forums, and workshops
- Assist the Health team to conduct research, documentation of health projects, and other activities as needed.
- Participate in AfD special projects if asked.
- Degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, Environmental or Biological Science, Data Analysis/ Management, or in a similar field.
- Background in nutrition, pharma, epidemiology, or public health is an asset.
- Detail-orientated, good organizational skills, ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong skills in English and French both written and spoken.
Terms of the Contract:
- Please note that this is an unpaid part-time volunteer position
- Time Commitment: minimum of one day per week, either working in the office or remotely. The candidate should ideally be based in Geneva.
- AfD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for this opportunity without regard to age, color, religion, gender, and origin
Interested candidates are invited to send applications with CV/resume and letter of motivation to: email@example.com
To learn more about AfD, please visit our website: www.actfordev.org