Médecins sans Frontières Suisse
Context & Mission
Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent humanitarian organization providing medical aid to victims of man-made or natural disasters, epidemics and endemics. Its Operational Centre in Geneva is responsible for medical assistance programmes in 24 countries.
The Internal Audit function of MSF Geneva Operational Center (OCG) is positioned under the functional management of the Board represented by the Financial Commission, and the hierarchical management of the General Direction. It is an assurance and consulting activity that is both independent and objective.
The function is aimed at improving resource-related risk management; providing a reasonable assurance on the adequacy, efficiency and effectiveness of the internal control systems and use of resources; and strengthening compliance with MSF standards, external laws, regulations and contracts.
The Internal Audit function is curently going through a transition period, involving a reflection on its scope, objectives and structure, and on roles and responsibilities. An Internal Audit transition roadmap has been defined in order to review the Terms of Reference of the function and to develop an action plan accordingly.
The current Head of Internal Audit will be going on maternity leave in the coming months and we are looking for someone to replace her during this period.
The Interim Head of Internal Audit will ensure the continuity of risk-based internal audit activities.
- Plan and coordinate internal audit missions carried out by external partners, as per the agreed 2023 audit plan.
- Communicate the results of audit assignments to relevant internal stakeholders and request positionning from auditees on the recommendations.
- Follow-up on the implementation of agreed recommendations from previous audit assignments.
- Based on the outcomes of the Internal Audit transition roadmap, contribute to the development of the function as required and in accordance with the expectations of the General Direction and the Board’s Financial Commission.
- Provide advice and support on the reinforcement of OCG internal control environment through collaboration with the Internal Controller and Risk Manager.
- Other as relevant.
- Master’s degree in audit, business management, finance or a related subject.
- Relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of a master degree.
- Experience in internal audit (experience in external audit may be accepted instead).
- Experience of working with International Non Governmental Organisations.
- Other experience considered as an advantage:
- Experience in internal control and/or risk management.
- Experience with MSF.
- Fluent in French and English (oral and written)
- Self-motivated professional.
- Active listener.
- Sense of diplomacy and pedagogy.
- Rigorous and very well organised.
- Excellent ability to work in a multicultural environment successfully and to demonstrate commitment and support for diversity, gender-responsive, inclusive, and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
- Commitment to MSF principles and values, and adherence to MSF charter.
Skills/ Technical competencies
- Good knowledge of internal audit and risk management methodologies, resource management processes and internal control systems.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
Terms of Employment
- Full-time position 100% (40h/week)
- 5 months fixed-term contract (until end of November 2023)
- Working place : Geneva,
- Ideal start date : March 15th 2023
- Gross monthly salary: from CHF 9’898.- to 10’089.- (salary commensurate with equivalent experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Deadline for application is February 19, 2023. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to close the position early if we consider the number and quality of applications received to be sufficient.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.