Finance & Administration Officer (60-80%)
The World Organisation Against Torture Office in Geneva is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, thorough and versatile individual, with a commitment to human rights and strong skills in financial management and administration, to fill the new role of Finance & Administration Officer at the OMCT.
The position is a part-time position, based in the OMCT office in Geneva.
ABOUT THE OMCT
The OMCT works with around 200 member organisations which constitute its SOS-Torture Network, to end torture, fight impunity and protect human rights defenders worldwide. Together, we make up the largest global group actively standing up to torture in more than 90 countries. Helping local voices be heard, we support our vital partners in the field and provide direct assistance to victims. Our international secretariat is based in Geneva, with offices in Brussels and Tunis.
The OMCT is recruiting for a new position in Geneva - which is part of a dedicated finance and admin team across OMCT offices - to reinforce its operations capacity primarily in financial, but also in human resources management and administration.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Finance Manager, based in Geneva, and in close coordination with the Director of Operations and the Administration Officer. The primary role of this post is to strengthen OMCT’s finance management capacity in its Geneva offices, as well as to support the office with certain administrative and human resources tasks.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Support in the preparation of financial reports and operating budgets managed by OMCT offices;
- Expenditure management: verification and entry of payments by bank transfer and verification of office expenditures made by other means (cash, credit card, Western Union, etc.)
- Support with the design and follow-up of the implementation of the organization's operational budgets as well as audits (projects, programs, organizational);
- Support to OMCT staff in financial, administrative and compliance matters: act as a resource person for all OMCT staff on questions regarding financial management and internal controls in the first place and more broadly on administrative matters as needed;
- Cash flow monitoring: bank and cash flow reconciliation with input on the internal database (Filemaker) and support to the accountant in reconciliation operations;
- Follow-up of donor contracts: maintenance of the internal database for grant contracts, budgets, financial reports submitted, coding of budgets, etc;
- Regularly transmitting information to the Finance Manager regarding budgets, financial reports and financial allocations.
- Support the Director of Operations and Administration Officer with human resources administration.
- Support the further development and implementation of internal processes and policies with regards to financial, human resources and administrative management in the Geneva office;
- Manage the inventory of the Geneva office;
- Administrative and logistical support: assistance to the operations team and staff in administrative and logistical matters when needed.
- At least two years of experience in a similar role as finance officer (ideally in an NGO or small to medium-sized company) required.
- University or professional degree in finance, economics, business, accounting or related field preferred.
- Good language skills in French and English, both written and spoken.
- High ethical standards and proven commitment to core human rights principles, the rule of law and social justice causes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain collaborative relationships with people from diverse national and cultural backgrounds, across several time zones.
- Attention to detail: good at paying attention to detail, having a thorough way of working.
- Initiative and motivation: Able to use own initiative and work independently within agreed frameworks; motivated by achieving results and completing tasks and being accountable.
- Organization and prioritization: Strong organizational, prioritization, and time-management skills, enabling efficient and effective work.
OMCT is an equal opportunities employer.
The OMCT offers competitive salaries for Human Rights NGOs in Geneva with a minimum of 25 days holidays, usual social benefits, and the possibility for part-time working from home, as well as 5 days of leave for professional development.
Applications comprising a cover letter and a CV with at least two references should be addressed to OMCT International Secretariat with the subject “OMCT Geneva - Finance & Administration Officer”, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a short conversation which, if successful, will lead to a written test and if shortlisted to an interview with the recruitment panel.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Deadline for the applications: applications must be received by 10 April 2023.