Switzerland for UNHCR
- Contract Type: 80 -100% - permanent position
- Place of work: Geneva – other locations in Switzerland can be considered
- Starting date: July 2023
About Switzerland for UNHCR, the Swiss Foundation for UNHCR
UNHCR, the United Nations Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting the rights of refugees and building a better future for the millions of people forced to flee their homes.
Since 1950, UNHCR has responded to multiple crises on different continents and has provided vital assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced and stateless people, many of whom have nowhere else to turn. Its work was aimed at ensuring their rights, protection and assistance, preserving their dignity and well-being.
Switzerland for UNHCR (CH4U), is the UN Refugee Agency’s national partner for Switzerland. We support UNHCR's mission by mobilizing essential resources and raising awareness on behalf of those who are forced to flee.
To allow UNHCR to protect forcibly displaced populations, the Foundation needs the support of the Swiss people. Every Franc donated is spent in a responsible and transparent manner, and donations are tax exempt.
Switzerland for UNHCR also carries out awareness and advocacy initiatives to draw the general public’s attention to the challenges faced by people forced to flee around the world, and to what UNHCR does to protect them.
The Foundation is currently looking for an Individual Giving Marketing Content Officer to implement Individual Giving (IG) marketing fundraising activities.
Within a growing team, this position reports and is under the responsibility of the Head of Individual Giving.
The incumbent will create and coordinate IG donor development fundraising off-line and progressively online campaigns created in house or managed with external providers to retain donors. Key business areas also include fundraising from individuals in emergencies.
He/she ensures that a proper image of UNHCR is conveyed to the various target audiences and creates a privileged link between them and the Switzerland for UNHCR Foundation.
The role requires collaboration with multiple teams and departments within the Foundation, national and international offices of UNHCR and external providers.
Scope of the Assignment
The Individual Giving Marketing Content Officer will support the Head of IG in the setup of the strategic annual fundraising plan and coordinate its yearly execution for retention activities. This can include, but is not restricted to:
- Develop retention offline campaigns (Direct Mail, telemarketing, etc.) to achieve loyalty and revenue to yearly KPIs; managing the overall project creation and delivery including deadlines, budget, providers’ management, results’ analysis, etc.
- Create or adapt relevant, compelling, and high-quality content on UNHCR’s mission for Direct Mail, Email, Landing pages and other channels
- Launch urgent appeals in the event of emergencies
- Measure, analyse, test, and iterate on fundraising campaigns. Identify opportunities for testing and innovation intended to maximize campaign and program performance across channels
- In close coordination with the Upgrade Officer, develop and improve leads and donor experiences to build engagement and loyalty along the donor journey online and offline.
- Contribute ideas and experience to test new fundraising products to boost donor engagement (donor magazine, surveys, etc.)
- Manage donor research and mystery shopping as required, using insights to inform creative decisions.
- Work collaboratively with the Foundation team as well as experts and content providers from Global UNHCR, to support fundraising in Switzerland
- Manage relationships with key external vendors. This will include managing call for tenders, developing project briefs, ongoing communication throughout the campaigns and appropriate follow-up at campaign end as well as ongoing communication to ensure strong relationships.
- Stay up to date with issues affecting displaced & refugee communities, campaigns from international teams and reports from the field. Scope new fundraising themes.
- Share creative and insights with CH4U colleagues, global markets and HQ, participating in training seminars, workshops and international skill shares where applicable.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, results-oriented individual with strong copywriting and marketing skills, as well as a genuine interest for the humanitarian sector.
- 3 - 5 years’ relevant work experience in Marketing
- Experience working for an International non-for-profit agency / organization is considered a strong asset
- Previous experience in Marketing Fundraising a strong advantage
- 3 - 5 years of experience of marketing project management developing, executing, and analysing campaigns
- Experience with email marketing and using email marketing platforms such as Marketing Cloud
- Experience managing the internal and external resources required for planning and executing marketing campaigns
- Experience developing custom digital content for a range of audiences
- Experience working with Marketing platforms (CMS-E-commerce tools-emailing tools-CRM-Google analytics)
- Graduate degree or CFC / professional maturity with equivalent in experience to reach graduate level
- A degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Proven copy writing and editing skills for various channels, including emailing and print
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates strong judgment and problem-solving competencies
- Very good analytical skills
- Well organized and structured with high attention to details and process oriented
- Ability to supervise at a smaller level
- Ability to manage middle sized projects with budget management under supervision
- Very good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills in a fast-paced multi-cultural and multilingual environment
- Good capacity to work autonomously as well as a team player
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge, interest and a strong commitment for the work and mission of UNHCR and the refugee cause
- Excellent command of English, as well as another Swiss national language (DE/FR/IT)
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications and Adobe Suite
- A plus: Knowledge of the philanthropy Swiss landscape
Interested candidates can send their cover letter and CV to the Swiss Foundation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, until April 30th 2023,mentioning the reference: IG Marketing Content Officer.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proud to make diversity a strength.