R20, Regions of Climate Action, a catalytic finance solutions and technical assistance provider, the sponsor of the Subnational Climate Fund (SCF) initiative supported by the Green Climate Fund, is seeking an Operations Coordinator.
R20 dedicates itself in curating blended-finance investment vehicles to unlock and accelerate the flow of capital into infrastructure projects at city level to tackle climate change and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
The SCF is a blended-finance impact fund designed to pursue attractive risk-adjusted returns for private investors while generating measurable and certified environmental and social impacts. The Fund invests in mid-size climate infrastructure and nature-based solutions in various developing countries globally.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Operations Coordinator’s roles and responsibilities will include:
- Office management
- Provide coordination support and assist the COO in the operations of R20, such as human resources, procurement, and any other operation matters as directed by the COO
- Monitor and ensure implementation/follow-up of decisions taken by the COO and the CEO. Support communication within internal team members to ensure that information is flowing in all directions and that necessary actions are taken.
- Liaise with accounting and fiduciary duties to provide them with content.
- Support in coordination of reporting to donors
- Contribute actively to a culture of inclusivity, openness, and collaboration in the organisation
- Support the preparation and reporting of internal and external meetings (online and in-person)
- Support and coordinate fundraising activities when needed, including but not limited to preparation of proposals.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience for an international organisation or company
- Proficient in writing and speaking English and French
- Familiar with Microsoft tools, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Any skill in using other applications for design would be a plus
- Familiarity with the Swiss and Geneva regulatory system and local service providers for office management would be a plus
- Knowledge about climate change and sustainability would be a plus
- Passionate for climate mitigation and adaptation with strong commitment towards a more sustainable world
- Team player, flexible and able to work in a multicultural environment
This is foreseen to be a full-time position, but part-time would be considered as well. The working station will be the R20’s headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
Please send your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com by June 25th, 2023.
R20 is a non-profit foundation based in Switzerland. As a finance initiatives incubator and technical assistance provider, our mission is to accelerate the design and deployment of finance vehicles for sustainable infrastructure at the subnational level. https://regions20.org
R20 is a member of the consortium of the Subnational Climate Finance initiative (SCF), which is a global blended finance initiative started in 2021 that aims to invest in and scale mid-sized (5-75 M $USD) sub-national infrastructure projects. https://www.subnational.finance