Principles for Peace Foundation
Title: Executive and Operations Associate
Reports To: Executive Director & Operations Officer
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Open-ended assignment- Full Time
The Principles for Peace Foundation (P4P) is a pioneer in its domain, being the force behind groundbreaking innovations in peace and security endeavors worldwide. With a vision to reshape the international peace landscape, P4P combines diplomacy, politics, security, and development, introducing a unified language for international and local peace initiatives. At the heart of our work lies the feedback loop, accountability, and providing peace actors with the resources required to drive meaningful change.
Our innovative Approach: At the core of our work is the custodianship and curation of the Principles for Peace and their associated metrics and feedback loop. We introduce a new and actionable framework, underpinned by common principles, metrics, and standards, providing a unified language to international and local peacemaking policies, processes, and organizations. This visionary approach facilitates effective assessment, planning, actions, and connections across various levels, sectors, and initiatives.
The Power of Accountability: We recognize the need for greater accountability in the pursuit of peace. As an independent capability and clearinghouse, we create a powerful feedback loop that enables decision-makers to "course correct" and demonstrate the broader impact and return on their investments in peace. This invaluable tool empowers stakeholders to make informed choices and continuously improve their efforts.
Empowering Peace Actors: We are action-oriented and devoted to providing tangible support to peace actors and processes. Our arsenal of practical tools, including peace gaming, playbooks, and simulations, is collaboratively designed, context-specific, and tailored to specific constituencies. Through these resources, we empower individuals and organizations with the knowledge and tools they need to drive change effectively.
In the role of the Executive and Operations Associate, you will work closely with the Operations Officer, Executive Director, and the service center in Manila, serving as the key bridge between these entities. Your core responsibility will revolve around assisting in streamlining processes, HR tasks, ensuring regulatory compliance, and playing a pivotal role in advancing the foundation's mission.
1. Human Resources Management:
• Assist in the onboarding, induction, and contracting of personnel.
• Collaborate with the Manila service center in HR tasks like payroll management and statutory deductions compliance.
2. Financial Management:
• Support the creation, oversight, and implementation of institutional and project-specific budgets.
• Work with the finance hub in Manila to maintain accurate financial records.
3. Partnership Development:
• Assist in the drafting and review of MOUs and partnership agreements.
• Support due diligence processes internally and with external partners.
4. Compliance and Risk Management:
• Stay updated with compliance and governance trends.
• Promote risk awareness within the team and provide necessary compliance data.
• Ensure adherence to local regulations.
5. Procurement and Asset Management:
• Support procurement processes.
• Help in maintaining the assets database.
6. Office Support:
• Assist the Executive Director with governance-related tasks like Board meetings, minutes, and travel preparations.
• Handle communication and information flows.
• Offer logistical support for special projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree or relevant qualification in administration, finance, or office management.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
• Proficient in English and French.
• Excellent knowledge and use of IT tools (Office suite : Excel-Word-Outlook-PowerPoint-Teams)
• Excellent organization and coordination abilities.
• Comfortable in a dynamic start-up environment with evolving requirements.
• Resourceful with a positive mindset.
• Solution and results oriented.
• Strong prioritization skills and keen attention to deadlines.
• Knowledge of Swiss HR practices.
• Adept at handling sensitive and confidential information.
• Skills in collaboration, team work, adaptability, and continuous learning.
• Eligibility to work in Switzerland: Candidates must be EU/EFTA nationals or possess a valid work permit that allows them to work in Switzerland.
Please note that P4P cannot facilitate work permits for non-EU/EFTA nationals at this time.
Note: We value diversity and aim to achieve gender equality, welcoming applications from all backgrounds
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cv and letter of interest to the following email: email@example.com, no later than 25 August 2023. Please indicate the job title in the subject of your email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Compensation and conditions of service:
P4P believes that salary levels should be set in a consistent manner, ensuring equal pay for equal value, responsible use of resources, and at a level that allows the organization to be as competitive as possible.
Job size and contribution value, local labor market, and requirements to attract and retain talent in favorable conditions, are the main factors that structure P4P’s compensation framework.
The gross annual salary range : CHF 80’000 – CHF 90’000
A staff member shall accrue 2.5 days per month of annual leave for each month of service equating to a maximum of 6 weeks leave per year.
Staff members are insured for retirement, disability and death by the state insurance AVS and the pension plan provided by a private insurer (foundation), based on the LPP (loi sur la prévoyance professionnelle).
P4P entered a contract with a private foundation to provide adequate coverage for retirement, disability or death. Details of this plan are available on the online platform of CIEPP.
60% of the costs are covered by the employer and 40% by the employee.
P4P operates flexible work hours but requires that all its staff are available daily during the “core periods” of 10.00h to 12.00h and 14.00h to 17.00h.
Employees are entitled to work from home for one day per week
Join the P4P Journey: If you seek to be part of an innovative and forward-thinking organization with a genuine commitment to global peace and security, the Principles for Peace Foundation welcomes you. Embrace the opportunity to collaborate with diverse partners, influence realpolitik, and transform societies at the grassroots level. Together, we can reshape the landscape of peace processes and forge a path to a more peaceful world.
Come and be a driving force in the Principles for Peace Foundation - where innovation, collaboration, and lasting impact converge.