The Permanent Mission of Denmark to the UN
Position: Administrative service officer
Type of employment: Full time employment
Starting date: 1 October 2023, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Location: Mission of Denmark to the UN and WTO in Geneva
Deadline for application: 20 August 2023, 24:00.
Reporting to: Administrative team manager
The Permanent Mission of Denmark to the UN and WTO in Geneva is seeking to recruit a responsible and service-minded full time administrative service officer to be part of the Mission’s Administrative team.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Mission security (with deputy) including security clearance of new staff and interns
- Office IT including new IT policies and guidelines, information security, dialogue with Copenhagen
- Candidatures and questionnaires
- Note Verbal and registration for meetings
- Focal point for 2050Today (greening of missions)
- Arrival of new diplomats and interns: Practical aspects (ID card, UN/WTO badge,)
- VAT forms and VAT reclaim for diplomatic staff
- Internal events, including catering and invitations
- Assistance with external events
- Mail handling (electronic and physical)
- Back up driver
- Experience with administrative work.
- Excellent command of English and French both oral and written. Command of Danish will be an asset.
- A “service oriented” mind-set, i.e. a good understanding of what needs to be done and when.
- Driver’s license.
- Experience with driving, including understanding of correct and safe driving.
- Proven team player.
- Systematic and with attention to detail.
- Interest in and willingness to share knowledge and learn from colleagues in an intercultural environment.
- An exciting, inter-cultural and dynamic work environment with a wide range of diverse tasks.
- An interesting job with new challenges popping up almost every day.
- Well defined tasks where you have good possibilities of influencing how you carry out your responsibilities.
- Flexible working hours.
- A workplace with an informal and friendly atmosphere between colleagues and where staff satisfaction is top of mind.
- A salary reflecting skills and experience.
- You will be offered full time employment. First for 2 years and then with the possibility of open-ended extension on a local contract based on the relevant legally binding labour market rules.
- Standard working hours are 40 hours per week.
- You will be entitled to 25 days of paid holiday per year.
- You will be covered by the statutory Swiss social security scheme incl. occupational pension and health insurance in accordance with the Mission’s Staff Rules.
Application and recruitment process:
To apply for the position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, proof of relevant education, recommendations and 2-3 references) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org marked “Application for administrative service officer” no later than 20 August 2023, 24:00.
The Permanent Mission of Denmark attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews – expected to take place during last week of August/first week of September.
The chosen candidate must present a “No Criminal Record” and pass security clearance by the Danish authorities prior to appointment.
The Permanent Mission of Denmark to the UN and WTO in Geneva is part of the Danish Foreign Service. The Mission is an ambitious, high-paced and dynamic workplace with approximately 20 employees, 7 of whom are posted from the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For more information about the Permanent Mission of Denmark to the UN and WTO in Geneva, see Permanent mission of Denmark to UN Geneva (um.dk)