BACKGROUND ON IMPACT AND REACH
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
We are currently looking for a Finance Officer to support our IMPACT Initiatives team in Geneva.
Under the supervision of the Unit Manager for Accounting, Payroll and Admin, the Finance Officer – Accounting is responsible for the organisation’s accountancy and supporting the monthly and yearly accounting closure. This includes the following tasks, to be performed in due time and in alignment with the organisation’s procedures:
- Perform the daily book-keeping, ensuring that the accounting is done in a timely and accurate manner, according to the organisation’s procedures and principles.
- Perform the monthly accounting closure transactions and controls, and prepare the related reports. Make sure that the reports are signed by all concerned parties and properly filed.
- Support the yearly accounting closure transactions and controls and prepare the yearly financial statements in alignment with the legal requirements
- Responsible for the cash disbursement preparation
- Support the statutory audit throughout the process
- Provide support to any other audit as requested
- Manage reimbursements requested by staff
- Managing supplier accounts
- Ideally a masters’ degree in accountancy or related finance field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Fluent in French and English
- Capacity to work independently and under pressure
- Organized person, with attention to detail and rigor
- Perfect knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- A previous experience with an accounting software (SAGE 100 preferred)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- For this position, gross salary of 5’490 CHF monthly (before income tax). NB - IMPACT salaries are strictly determined by our salary grid depending on the grade of the position and the level of education and experience of staff. A contribution to medical insurance of 450 CHF per month is already included in the salary figure.
- Insurance covering professional and non-professional accidents throughout the period of employment with IMPACT
- Health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance in case of field visits/temporary deployments
- Up to 40% of remote work on a weekly basis