The Gold Standard Foundation
The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO, managing the daily operations of their office, and coordinating with other departments. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
WHAT WE DO AT GOLD STANDARD
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Today, our standard, ‘Gold Standard for the Global Goals’, allows climate and development initiatives within carbon markets, corporate supply chains, and sustainable finance to manage, measure and maximise their impacts toward the Net Zero ambition of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. Certification against the standard provides the confidence that these results are measured and verified, enabling credible impact reporting. ISEAL Code Compliant and backed by a broad NGO Supporter Network, Gold Standard has 2000+ projects underway in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
For almost 20 years, Gold Standard has shown how carbon finance can achieve its highest potential. We’ve created innovative new standards, programmes and tools that raise the bar for quality across a broader range of applications than carbon markets. We focus on those that have the most promise to contribute to our vision and mission, bringing them to market with the requisite planning and resources.
We build on our reputation for quality and rigour with more robust measurement of outcomes, stronger safeguards and greater impact across the Sustainable Development Goals. Our objective is to make rigour simpler and more achievable at scale.
We work with key partners who share our goals and complement our strengths. Our partnership strategy aims to move beyond working opportunistically as a delivery partner in favor of collaborating in long-term strategic synergy.
We were established to bring confidence, trust, and accountability to carbon markets. We will continue to take strides to improve transparency in our own processes, in the broader market and in non-market mechanisms.
The Gold Standard Foundation is looking to build our team with exceptional people who are excited and driven to shape and deliver this ambition and uphold our values. This position is an outstanding opportunity for a highly-motivated executive assistant to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, respected Foundation. We are seeking a highly organized and proactive Executive Assistant to provide exceptional support to our Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Providing sophisticated calendar management for the CEO.
- Prioritizing inquiries and requests while troubleshooting calendar conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
Completing a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization,:
- Coordinating domestic and international travel arrangements, including flights, accommodation, and itineraries, optimizing travel efficiency.
- Handling confidential and sensitive information with utmost discretion and always maintain strict confidentiality.
- Assisting in financial-related tasks, such as expense reporting, budget tracking, and financial record keeping for the CEO office.
- When needed, assist in preparation and attendance of meetings with the CEO, taking accurate meeting minutes.
- Supporting in the arrangement of business social engagments such as lunch/dinners or public appearances.
Serving as the primary point of contact for internal and external parties on all matters pertaining to the CEO
- Prioritizing queries, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature and determining appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and approach.
- Collaborating with other members of the executive team and cross-functional departments to ensure smooth communication and coordination.
- Providing executive assistance to support the Board of Directors as required. Including assisting in scheduling of Board meetings and Board Committee meetings and logistical preparation for Board meetings and Board Committee
Working closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Having a sense for the issues taking place internally and externally and keeping the CEO updated. Anticipate CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Providing "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support.
- Coordinating and organizing all staff calls and workshops and providing logistical support when required
- Answering main phone line and respond to enquiries, when required and providing back up for Operations assistant.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization such as staff events and functions, as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Proven experience as an Executive Assistant or similar role supporting C-level executives (preferably CEO and/or CFO).
- Experience dealing with a Non-profit board is a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of producing accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact confidently with internal and external stakeholders.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
- High level of integrity and professionalism, using judgement and handling confidential information with discretion.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and resourcefulness in handling challenges.
- A proactive and self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm for making improvements to existing processes
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or a related field is preferred.
- Fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required. Proficiency in other languages is an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint) and experience with financial software is a plus.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the environment or sustainable development a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other benefits to working at Gold Standard include:
- A mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team
- An ambitious, agile and flexible environment
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining why you want to work for the Gold Standard and a CV through our recruitment portal.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we strive to create a workplace where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.