Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions
Representing more than 110 NHRIs, their members and staff across all regions, GANHRI is one of the largest human rights networks worldwide. With a Head Office in Geneva and a governance structure representing NHRIs around the world, GANHRI is truly global.
Enriched by its diversity, its membership is united by a common vision: a world where everyone everywhere fully enjoys their human rights.
You have experience at a senior level in a similar operational role, leading or advising organisations, and institutions to deliver program outcomes whilst driving operational success. Ideally, you bring experience from the non for profit and /or human rights field.
You are a confident leader and stakeholder manager and you bring high level relational skills, communicating comfortably in international and multi-cultural settings. You promote a positive and ethical working environment, and have a track record of success in:
- Managing a wide range of projects and internal functions across core business operations
- Influencing process improvement and technology enhancements
- Adding value and sustainability to business and financial practices and models
- Identifying and diversifying organisational opportunities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Human Resources and Office Management
- Managing GANHRI staff, both Head Office (HO) and consultants, including coordinating and supporting recruitment processes.
- Onboarding new staff members.
- Developing adequate induction and training.
- Supporting employee opportunities for professional development.
- Managing succession planning of staff.
- Assisting with the performance management and review process.
- Ensure work strategies are aligned and work together to achieve on overall strategic goals.
- Developing and reviewing human resources policies.
- Manage the Head Office including in relation to procurement, IT and coordination with the United Nations Office in Geneva
- Management of the Senior Finance Office
- Development, management and review of organisational financial budgets, plans and forecasts.
- Report to the Director on variances from the established budget.
- Support, and coordination with, the Finance Committee
- Present financial findings and recommendations to the Director.
- In partnership with the Senior Finance Officer, oversight of subscription fees
Project management and resource mobilization
- Management of the Project Manager
- Oversees implementation GANHRI’s projects including NHRI.EU
- In close partnership with the Director, oversee the building and strengthening of existing partnerships, donor relationships and form new partnerships and donor relationships.
- Set and oversee the implementation of fundraising and resource mobilisation activities and targets.
- Collaborate and work in close partnership with the Director to enhance the organisation’s capability and capacity.
- Assume functional leadership of the organisation in absence of the Director.
- In partnership with the Director, organise GANHRI’s governance meetings and events in particular the Annual Meeting, Bureau meetings, International Conferences, where required in collaboration with UN and other partners
- Oversee the design, review and production of organisational policy and procedures.
- Assisting in advice to the governing body on corporate governance principles and the implementation of governance programs and risk management frameworks.
- Assisting in developing, implementing, communicating and maintaining governance, risk and compliance policies, processes and procedures.
- Assisting in regulatory compliance and best practice standards adhered to.
- In close partnership with the Director, communicating with external advisers such as lawyers, accountants and representatives.
- In partnership with the Director, manage and oversee the implementation of GANHRI’s Strategic Plan and governance decisions
- Oversee the implementation of the MEAL framework in coordination with GANHRI HO staff
- Assess monitoring frameworks for GANHRI projects, as well as for funding proposals.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of MEAL activities.
- Provide technical leadership and support to staff in planning and implementing MEAL systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting.
- Contribute to developing and reporting of GANHRI’s evaluation processes.
Communications & Knowledge Management
- Management of the Communications and Event Officer.
- Oversee the development of annual engagement plans and activities.
- Oversee the publication of GANHRI’s newsletter, Annual report and other publications
- Oversee website and social media engagement.
- Develops and reviews GANHRI’s knowledge management strategies
- Influencing process improvement and technology enhancements.
Contribute to the operation of the GANHRI team
- Work collegialy and collaboratively with GANHRI HO team members.
- Participate in GANHRI meetings, training, planning, and team-building activities.
- Perform tasks as required by, and report back to, the Director.
Represent the GANHRI at meetings
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business, public administration, management, communications or related area
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in human resources, finance, fundraising, governance, strategic oversight, monitoring and evaluation, communications, information technology and operations. Experience in working in multi cultural environments, human rights / non for profit, at international level an asset
- Superior and effective energetic leadership, communication, collaboration, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Superior people management skills
- Proven track record of success delivering strategy and operational outcomes
- Ability to think creatively and critically
- Well-developed analytical and technical ability
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Fluency in English and excellent knowledge of at least another GANHRI working language (Arabic, French, Spanish)
- Proactive, dynamic and results driven
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
A unique opportunity to participate in a global alliance, supporting national human rights institutions around the world in their important work to promote and protect human rights.
An opportunity to interact and further build relations with the United Nations, member states, NGOs and partners in Geneva and globally. Our offices are located within the United Nations Palais des Nations.
A small, energetic and dedicated team, with strong team spirit and a passion for human rights.
A multi-cultural working environment
Flexible working arrangements and a competitive renumeration
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and a compelling covering letter no later than 6th November 2023 through this page: Operations Manager – JN-102023-6216625 | Michael Page.
Please note that we will only contact shortlisted candidates.
GANHRI is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.
Please note that the successful candidate will undergo reference checks and be required to provide a police record prior to starting employment.