DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance
HR OFFICER (100%)
DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity-building of both state and non-state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF's Foundation Council brings together representatives of around 60 states. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world's leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the operational principles of impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. DCAF embraces and promotes values of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, integrity and respect. For more information please visit www.dcaf.ch
For our HR Unit, we are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to be our next:
HR Officer – maternity cover (100 %)
- Location: Geneva
- Starting date: May 2022
- Duration: 4-5 months fixed-term contract
- Reporting to: Senior HR Operations Manager
The HR Officer is part of the Human Resources team in the Resources Department and assist the Senior HR Operations Manager in the day-to-day administration of the employee life cycle.
Key areas of operation:
S/he is knowledgeable in the Swiss legislation and regulations on employment, social security and work permits and acts as first contact point for all employees’ questions:
- Prepare and manage employment contracts, including all social security aspects, withholding tax, work permits, administrative management of absences and overtime, insurance claims.
- In charge of the on-boarding and off-boarding administrative processes.
- Prepare and provide data for monthly payroll.
- Manage the online software solution for holidays, absences and overtime.
- Participate in drafting procedures related to the employee life cycle and employment conditions.
- Produce KPIs and assist with KPI analysis, organise internal surveys and administrative follow-up of the Performance Appraisal and Development system.
- Coordinate internal HR communications, workshops, and virtual sessions.
- Assist with the update of employee data in the ERP (Microsoft Navision).
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar role with Swiss-based companies / organisations
- Good knowledge of the Swiss labour law in particular employment contracts, social insurances and tax-at-source
- Attention to details, accuracy and at ease with numbers, prior experience in payroll a plus.
- Excellent level of French and English, both in written and oral
- Proficient user of MS Office applications; good user level with Excel spreadsheets
- Strong organisational skills to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Service-oriented attitude and interpersonal communication skills enabling effective relationships with internal clients and other stakeholders from diverse cultures
- Swiss Certificate of Human Resources Assistant is required.
- User of SharePoint, Navision (or any another payroll software) and Indesign.
- Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite
- a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
- the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
- the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 March 2022 with the subject heading [HR Officer – maternity cover], enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
- a concise CV (maximum two pages)
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed or been convicted of any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.