Action for Development
About Action for Development (AfD)
Action for Development is a NGO with offices in Geneva Switzerland and Kabul Afghanistan. AfD aims to ensure that funding for health and community development programs are spent in ways that maximize its impact, partnering with local organizations at the grass roots level. The main focus areas of our programs are strategic health facilities management, maternal, neonatal and child health services expansion, family planning, water, sanitation and hygiene, women's empowerment, capacity building and education. In 2014, AfD was granted consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Responsibilities of the HR Assistant
AfD is seeking a committed person who can provide dedicated HR support on a voluntary basis. The ideal candidate shall have a background in human resources administration, employment law, and/ or recruitment processes. They should also have a familiarity with Swiss rules and regulations and have some knowledge of the local environment.
- Coordinating posting roles on recruitment sites and communicating with candidates through recruitment inbox
- Gathering recruitment requirements from our hiring teams and developing job descriptions
- Conducting initial candidate screening and participating in interviews where required.
- Collaborating with HR to develop processes and policies.
- Coordinating volunteers and employees and agreements
- Assisting with the onboarding process.
- Assisting in developing HR policies and procedures and administration related to annual leave.
- Ensuring that internal processes are
- Staying up to date with HR best practice
- Assisting the Program Director and the operation team with tasks related to Human Resources.
- Degree or studying in any of the following relevant areas: Business, Human Resources or law.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken. French would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail orientated, good organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Work experience within NGO procedures will be preferable.
Terms of the Contract:
- Please note that this is an unpaid part-time volunteer position
- Time Commitment: minimum of one day per week, either working in the office or remotely. The candidate should ideally be based in Geneva.
- AfD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for this opportunity without regard to age, color, religion, gender and origin
Interested candidates are invited to send applications with CV/resume and letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org To learn more about AfD, please visit our website: www.actfordev.org