The Gold Standard Foundation
At Gold Standard we are expanding our teams and a HR and Operations assistant, is required to support the organisation for a six month period during this growth period and assist with HR to drive a best practice recruitment process. The role will also provide project management support to the COO and the wider operations team.
WHAT WE DO
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Today, our standard, ‘Gold Standard for the Global Goals’, allows climate and development initiatives within carbon markets, corporate supply chains, and sustainable finance to manage, measure and maximise their impacts toward the Net Zero ambition of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. Certification against the standard provides the confidence that these results are measured and verified, enabling credible impact reporting. ISEAL Code Compliant and backed by a broad NGO Supporter Network, Gold Standard has 2000+ projects underway in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
For almost 20 years, Gold Standard has shown how carbon finance can achieve its highest potential. We’ve created innovative new standards, programmes and tools that raise the bar for quality across a broader range of applications than carbon markets. We focus on those that have the most promise to contribute to our vision and mission, bringing them to market with the requisite planning and resources.
We build on our reputation for quality and rigour with more robust measurement of outcomes, stronger safeguards and greater impact across the Sustainable Development Goals. Our objective is to make rigour simpler and more achievable at scale.
We work with key partners who share our goals and complement our strengths. Our partnership strategy aims to move beyond working opportunistically as a delivery partner in favor of collaborating in long-term strategic synergy.
We were established to bring confidence, trust, and accountability to carbon markets. We will continue to take strides to improve transparency in our own processes, in the broader market and in non-market mechanisms.
The Gold Standard Foundation is looking to build our team with exceptional people who are excited and driven to shape and deliver this ambition and uphold our values. We are now seeking a HR and Operations assistant to assist with the day to day running of the HR recruitment processes and provide support for the wider Operations team
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Supporting the recruitment process
- Gathering recruitment requirements from our hiring teams and developing job descriptions
- Manage posting roles on Recruitment sites
- Manage candidates through applicant tracking system (Bamboo)
- Conduct initial candidate screening and participate in interviews where required.
- Supporting and developing the recruitment and talent acquisition policies that encourage best practice behaviour as well as compliance with legislation.
- Collaborating with HR and operations team to develop processes and policies.
- Communicating and executing process changes to a large dispersed international workforce.
- Promote employer brand and employee value proposition of Gold Standard.
- Liaising with finance team in relation to onboarding.
- Ensure that internal process is followed.
- Staying up to date with HR best practice and conducting feedback of the recruitment process for continuous improvement.
Assisting with the GS Operations function:
- Data management and archiving
- Support project management, including:
- Tracking and recording of staff hours on the project
- Track expenditure against budget
- Support sub-contract invoice and payment procedure with Finance
- Manage compliance with donor reporting and procurement guidelines
- Meeting / minute / records support
- Manage the tracking and recording of staff hours on the project
- Filing project-related documents
- Ensuring partners’ access to project folders
YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources or relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 + years of relevant HR experience, preferably in in recruitment or talent acquisition
- Demonstrated ability to complete activities where there was a high degree of attention to detail, analysis and the meeting of short deadlines;
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential information requiring diplomacy and tact;
- Experience working within an environment that has multiple stakeholders
- Fluency in English is required
- A passion for employee experience and people operations is a must.
- Experience in project management would be desirable.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN AND GROW BY:
- Joining an expanding team who are passionate about enabling a growing and thriving organisation to meet its strategic ambitions.
- Working with stakeholders across the organisation.
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other benefits to working at Gold Standard include:
- A mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team
- An ambitious, agile and flexible environment
Applications for this role will close on Friday, 24th June 2022. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we strive to create a workplace where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.