Norwegian Refugee Council Geneva
The Grand Bargain, launched during the WHS in Istanbul in May 2016, is a unique agreement between some of the largest donors and humanitarian organisations who have committed to get more means into the hands of people in need and to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the humanitarian action.
The Grand Bargain Secretariat is now seeking an Administration and Communications Officer to help with the day to day implementation of the Grand Bargain communications strategy and the provision of administrative support for the Secretariat’s work. Do you have working knowledge of humanitarian issues, experience with design and with managing social media accounts?
Come join our team!
What you will do
1. Implement communications products
- Implement the communications strategy, including drafting of the Grand Bargain newsletter, managing the website, developing social media posts, and designing visuals and infographics
- Provide ad hoc support to the FG members as needed (develop presentations, visual documents, talking points)
- Organise events (including drafting and sharing invites, collecting and responding to RSVPs, setting up calls / booking venues etc.).
2. Administrative support
- Assist with the development of proposals/reports
- Carry out procurement as needed (for events).
- Manage the Grand Bargain Secretariat inbox and respond to requests and questions.
- Organise teleconferences and in-person meetings (including by managing the technical aspect and drafting supporting documents eg. participants lists etc.).
- Draft notes, action points and summaries from meetings.
- Administer, collect, and disseminate the self-reports, Annual Independent Report, organise webinars as needed, respond to Signatory requests and questions.
- Provide administrative support to the Grand Bargain caucuses as needed.
If you are curious and would like to learn more about this opportunity, please see here for the full job description.
What you will bring
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years’ experience and a proven professional record working in communications and/or humanitarian policy issues, in addition to a master’s degree in media and communications, journalism, humanitarian policy, international development, international relations, or related field. The successful candidate will have experience with design, with managing social media accounts and generating social media content, in addition to prior experience with producing communications materials including presentations, reports and web content.
In addition, you will have:
- Experience with administrative work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Substantial working knowledge of humanitarian issues, including the Grand Bargain and global humanitarian policy
- Prior experience working with governments, international non-governmental organisations, the United Nations and/or the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement
- Experience and knowledge of the humanitarian system a plus
What makes this position attractive?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity to work within the Grand Bargain Secretariat, responsible for the Grand Bargain coordination and communication;
- An opportunity to work for a unique structure committed to get more means into the hands of people in need and to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the humanitarian action;
- A fixed term, 12 months national position in Geneva, Switzerland;
- Salary and benefits according to NRC/IDMC’s salary scale and terms and conditions;
- Flexible working hours.
- Start date: 01 August 2022
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the beneficiaries that we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC/IDMC family.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and CV in our online recruitment tool.
For reasons related to the procedure for work permits in Switzerland, only candidates with an EU/EFTA nationality or a valid work permit for Geneva, Switzerland can be considered for this role. Kindly specify your permit in the application if relevant