Internships at MSF are part of an intra- or extra-academic course, or according to federal professional integration measures lien Etat de Genève : engager un-e stagiaire. A tripartite internship agreement is mandatory.
Context & Mission
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent medical and humanitarian organization that provides care to populations in need, to people affected by natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and regardless of their race, religion, belief or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
MSF is recruiting an Operational Communications intern who will be part of the Operational Communications team of the MSF operational centre based in Geneva (MSF OCG). The intern will help to strengthen the reputation and image of MSF in MSF OCG mission countries.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for researching and sending out a daily news media monitoring to MSF staff around the world, sharing key information about countries where MSF runs projects and as emergencies arise.
- Translate texts, press releases and reports, and revise translations (French and English).
- Take weekly meeting minutes and a monthly report on new communication initiatives, get them approved and share them internally.
- Content creation for various MSF digital accounts and being co-responsible/supporting Strategic Communications Advisors in collaboration with MSF’s communications team in countries of operations.
- Provide regular research, monitoring and analysis on the reach of OCG MSF’s operational communications initiatives.
- Support the Strategic Communications Advisors in developing and implementing digital and cross media communication initiatives.
- Help develop ideas and digital multimedia content.
- Help ensure regular mapping and monitoring of influencers and MSF publications on key topics.
- Contribute to articles, interviews and e-tools in coordination with the Strategic Communications Advisors.
- Support the Strategic Communications Advisors in their initiatives.
- Provide digital support to operational cells.
- Have a tripartite internship agreement
- Creativity and an innovate spirit
- Ability to work independently
- Strong command of English and French. Other languages a plus.
- Graduate degree in media and communications, digital media, political sciences or public relations
- Solid understanding of international media and online media
- Good knowledge of MS Office and digital (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Editing and Multimedia skills an asset
- Strong writing skills and a journalist’s mindset
Terms of employment
- A tripartite internship agreement is mandatory
- 6 to 12 months, according to internship agreement
- Full time (40h/week)
- Based in Geneva
- Start date : October 20th 2022
- Gross monthly remuneration 2'000.- CHF
Please send a CV (2 pages maximum) and a cover letter (1 page maximum).
Closing date for applications is September 4th, 2022.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.