Permanent Mission of the Federal Republic of Germany in Geneva
One team – worldwide
The Permanent Mission of the Federal Republic of Germany in Geneva is looking for an office assistant (level: intermediate service) to work on a part-time basis (50%) in the office of the Transport Attaché from 1 October 2022.
In the context of their main duties, the successful applicant will
- perform all office and clerical work, in particular forwarding documents and conducting out routine correspondence with Federal Government ministries and international organisations
- independently provide administrative and technical support to the German delegations during sessions of bodies of the UNECE Inland Transport Committee as well as of the WMO, including managing the session calendar, compiling documents for the sessions, registering officials for sessions, as well as helping to support delegations and plan visits
- draft and send Notes Verbales, in particular concerning elections within the WMO, ICAO and the IMO
- organise events, reservations, hotel bookings, orders, etc.
- manage an own records system (file and document management)
- work with English and French
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- preferably a school-leaving qualification entitling them to enter higher education, or at least an intermediate school leaving certificate with completed vocational training
- several years’ experience in at least one of the spheres of work would be desirable.
- language skills:
- native-language level written and spoken German
- advanced proficiency in spoken and written English (CEFR C1/C2)
- good knowledge of French (CEFR B1/B2)
- good computer skills, including MS Office, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel
- proven knowledge in the social media sphere would be an advantage
- an ability to work in a team, an outstanding talent for organisation and a capacity to work independently
- service orientation, care and reliability
- a readiness to work hard as well as resilience, flexibility and an ability to familiarise themselves with new spheres of work
The contract of employment will be based on local law and will be concluded in accordance with the specimen contract of employment for positions at a German Permanent Mission in Geneva.
The gross salary will be determined in accordance with the pay grade system for local employees at the Permanent Mission in Geneva. The monthly gross starting salary is currently CHF 6702 (full-time position). The terms of the contract shall be in line with local law.
In the interest of professional equality, applications from women are particularly welcome in areas in which they are underrepresented; in accordance with statutory requirements, female applicants shall therefore receive preferential treatment if they are equally professionally qualified and able to perform the job. We value diversity and welcome applications from all people, regardless of their cultural, social or ethnic background; their gender, religion or ideology and their disabilities, age or sexual identity. Severely disabled applicants or those assessed as such will, in the case of equal suitability, receive preferential treatment in accordance with statutory requirements. We expressly welcome applications from people of migrant origin.
Following the successful completion of the selection process, the candidate will need to undergo a pre-employment health check (performed by a doctor who is accredited by the Permanent Mission). A personal background and security check will also be conducted. Applicants’ willingness to cooperate will be presumed.
Third-country nationals must also be in possession of a valid residence permit and work permit for the host country, at the latest by the beginning of the period of employment.
Please submit your application in electronic form, ensuring that it includes the following documents (in a PDF file/max. 3 MB)
- cover letter/letter of motivation
- curriculum vitae, in German (a photograph is optional)
- copies of your certificates and letters of recommendation
- documentary proof of vocational training or further training courses you have completed
- proof of (failing that, convincing statements) affirming all the knowledge and skills listed in the profile
- a copy of your passport or national ID card
Your application must be received no later than September 7, 2022
Address: The Permanent Mission of the Federal Republic of Germany to the Office of the United Nations and to the other International Organizations in Geneva
ATTN Mr Frieß
28 C Chemin du Petit-Saconnex, 1209 Geneva
Tel.: +41 (0)22 7301 231
Please note that only complete applications that are received by the deadline can be considered. No acknowledgement of receipt will be sent. Documents submitted in support of the application will not be returned. Only those applicants to be invited for an interview (oral selection process) will be contacted. Suitable candidates will be invited to an interview soon after the submission deadline. Travel expenses incurred in connection with the interview will not be reimbursed.
For more information on the Permanent Mission, visit www.genf.diplo.de
Information on data protection pursuant to Article 13 of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is available at https://genf.diplo.de/genf-de/datenschutz .